Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by maddsgrace1
"

Disclaimer I do not own these characters!! Abbi Glines owns the town and the characters she created!!!

"
Jolie

Today was my first day at Lawton High School.. I was scared not even gonna lie, school had already started for them so I was literally stepping in the middle of everything. I grabbed my lunch and headed out the door so my Nonna could drive me to school. Plus I wanted to be a bit early.

“Bye Nonna. I love you.” I said, grabbing my lunch and my backpack. I closed her passenger door and walked right into the main hall. Everyone was standing around surrounded by their friends. I had decided I was gonna go straight for my locker, thankfully we had it established already. When I got there I put the combination in and unlocked it throwing what needs to be in there Closing it I noticed this cute boy standing next to me at his locker.

“You must be new.. I’m Easton Montgomery.” I smiled

“Jolie Higgens.” His eyes widened big as I said my name.. Well s**t so much for me going unnoticed.

“Higgens. That sounds familiar. Are you related to the best quarterback this school has ever had…. Brady Higgens..” My cheeks felt like they were going red. I could feel them getting hot.

“Yeah He’s my dad..” Those green eyes he had and the smile he kept flashing my way were slowly gonna be the death of me. It was only the first day I could feel myself slowly start to have a crush on him. Damnnit Jolie it was the first day.

“Wow. Come with me I’m gonna introduce you to my friends.. They are really nice. We all play football together.” I followed him, still holding my schedule in my hand and my lunchkit

“This is Jolie Higgens. She’s new here. That’s Baylor, Luke and Davis.” I smiled at all them. They all shot me a smile which made me feel welcome.

It looked as if Davis hated the attention which I honestly don’t blame him. I would too but he is definitely in the wrong friend group..

“Easton, I need to get to my first class I don’t wanna be late.” He nodded his head before helping himself to my schedule.

“We have first, third and seventh hour together. Here I’ll walk with you Jolie.. See you later guys.” I saw him look back at his friends before we began walking.

“I need to go use the restroom I will see you there. Don’t wait up on me.” He walked away from me as I turned into the bathroom which was full of girls doing their makeup and fixing their hair.. I wasn’t like that I mean I put makeup on today and dressed nicely but other days I’m going makeup free. I stepped into the stall and pulled my phone out.

J: Apparently you’re famous in this small town Dad.

D: Ha did you ask someone about me?

J: NO. I just said my name and the boy freaked out..

D: Oh jeez.. Well honey I hope to hear all about it later but I have to go back to work love you kid.

I hated when conversations with my dad ended as fast as they started. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the stall towards the class I had first hour. Thank you that the girls didn’t try telling me anything I did get rude looks as I walked in there but it’s okay..

By the time I got in there, Easton was sitting next to his friends and it looked as if there was a seat being saved for me. How nice. Thankfully cause there were no other open seats.

I sat down and grabbed my notebook out

“Jolie why did you move here?”

“Well currently I’m staying with my Nonna until my family moves in from Tuscaloosa.”
He smiled.

“Wow.” He said

During lunch which Easton invited me to sit with him and his friends.
A girl came up and sat next to Luke. I assumed his girlfriend or something. I smiled at her so I could be nice but she shot me a rude look.

“Who are you anyway?”

Before I could speak Easton shot his head up.. “That is Jolie Higgens. She’s new!” She scoffed

“My momma told me about the Higgens.. She dated your daddy.” I let out a soft chuckle..

“No idea what you’re talking about..”

She walked away not long after. I looked over at Easton who was rolling his eyes.
“Lacie, she’s such a b***h.. Jo don’t let her get to you..”

He called me Jo. No one ever does.. Maybe except my parents and my big brother.
I noticed my cousin Jude who was my age walk up to the table. I forgot he went here.

“Hey Ashby!” Baylor shouted. Jude just laughed

“Hey Jolie. How are you doing? Are my friends treating you good? You better be I might kick your asses if you treat her badly.” Easton turned his head at me before looking back at Jude.

“How do you know her? Is she your sister?” I laughed God no,

“No he’s my cousin. He’s more like a brother though.”

“Ashby.” I heard his last name get called again this time it was a blonde girl walking up to him.

“Hey Josie..”

“I was wondering if you’d wanna come sit by us?” She pointed back to her table. I heard the guys behind me laughing at the sight of Jude talking to a girl. I also saw his cheeks go red.

“Yeah I’m gonna come in just a sec.” She began walking away. He turned back toward me

“Goddamn she’s hot. Love you Jolie. See you later.” He gave me a hug and walked away. Easton had tapped me on the shoulder and I was already turning around toward him.

“Uh Jolie, Friday night after the game there’s always this field party at Baylor’s field. I was wondering if you’d wanna go with me, I can pick you up for the game and we can maybe go get burgers after the game before the party?” I smiled
Be cool Jolie don’t f**k this up.

“Yeah I would love to go.”

“Also I would like you to wear my jersey.. It’s like tradition every Friday a girl of the guy’s choice usually the guy’s girlfriend wears their jersey.”

“No I can’t Easton. .I’m not your girl.”

“I don’t care if you’re not my girl.. I want you to wear it every game from now on. Besides I don’t have a girlfriend who can wear it.. I’ve been trying to save it for someone special..”

He said that I was special.. Damnnit Jolie. He probably says that for everyone don’t get your hopes up. Baylor behind him was nodding his head motioning for me to do it.

“Easton..”

“Okay it’s final. You’re wearing my jersey. Every Friday from now on until we graduate.” I smiled how could I have resisted that…

“Also I want to take you out to the movies on Saturday. If that’s okay with you, of course.” I don’t even know this boy that well,It’s my first day of school and he’s already asking me out.
This was gonna be a great year, I can feel it.

I walked to the nearest bathroom so I could text my aunt and tell her all about this.
J: Aunt Maggie I just got asked out.. To the movies and the field party..

M: That’s so great Jolie! I remember my first field party..

J: I need help.

M: Yes I’m gonna call your mom and maybe Willa Lawton. She can definetely help you!


I turned my phone off and went through the rest of the day and by the time I got home I had text messages after text messages from literally everyone in my family asking how today went.

My phone rang and luckily it was my favorite person. My Uncle West. I loved when he called.
“Hey kiddo. How was the first day?”

“Neither one of y’all told me how famous you were in high school!” I shouted into the phone.

“What do you mean?”

“You and Dad. Once I said who I was this boy flipped out..”

“Is this the same one that invited you to the field party and asked you to wear the jersey?” S**t how does he know!!!

“Yeah how do you know?” I could hear him laughing in the background.

“Kid news in this family spreads like wildfire.. After 16 years you should know that. Your Aunt Maggie told me. Plus your dad called me freaking out that you were going on a date with a boy just like me.”

“Just like you? What do you mean?”

“Oh honey he is just like how I was in high school. Your dad found out from one of the teachers..”

“Well great.” I mumbled to myself.

“Kid that doesn’t mean anything though, cause the moment I met your Aunt Maggie. My whole world flipped upside down. I was something..” I heard my aunt in the background laughing “Oh shush honey!”

I started laughing I loved my family especially my aunt and uncle.



“Jolie, is this your number? This is Easton if you’re wondering,” My phone beeped from the text I had just gotten

“Yeah.” I text back to him

E: I am glad you switched schools. You’re really nice. I mean that.

J: Is it true Easton? That you have dated every single girl in the school?

I had to be honest with him just asking him.

E: I have dated a few girls and by a few I mean 2. The girl who came up to you Lainey. I dated her and trust me she was nothing. She is definitely nothing. So no I’m not like the rest of the guys who sleep with literally everyone. I was never like that. Trust me.

J: I just heard some things that is all.

E: I’m glad you asked.. it’s nice to get questions out of the way.

I smiled

J: I hate to ask but would you mind giving me a ride to school?

E: Gosh no. I can give you a ride any morning you need. Just tell me when. I just have to tell Davis I’ll be a little early to pick him up. He doesn’t have a truck yet so..

I responded with thank you but we kept talking till I practically fell asleep.

The next morning I got up earlier to do my hair and my makeup.. I felt compelled to do it and I feel great after I did it. I kissed my Nonna goodbye and walked out of the door just as he pulled into my driveway.

“You look beautiful today Jolie.” I smiled at the compliment as he opened the door to his truck for me,

“You didn’t have to open the door.”

“No I had to, if my daddy ever found out I let a lady open her door. He’d probably kick me out of the house..” Same went for my brother, and for Jude and his brothers.

So I’m used to the chivalry but I’ve never seen someone do it for me that wasn’t family.

“Thank you. I appreciate it. I really do.. Good Morning Davis.” He smiled back at me

“Hey Jolie, What made you wanna start texting this idiot?” He laughed asking the question

“Well.. I wish I can answer that for you.”


The next couple days went by and Thursday evening Easton gave me his jersey so the next morning I could wear it to school. Friday Night Football games were a big deal down south and especially in Lawton Alabama.

My Aunt gave me her favorite Lawton football shirt that I might end up wearing to the game. It’s so soft that I love wearing it.

“Thank you for the ride.” He smiled

“You’re welcome, and tomorrow morning expect to get up a little earlier like 5:15ish I wanna show you something.. I know I know it’s earlier but it’s a surprise.” Oh jeez

5:15 in the morning I have never been up that early for school in my entire life. Yet tomorrow I’ll be getting up for a boy.

My alarm beeped nearly giving me a heart attack but I got up and did everything I needed to do putting my hair in a half up half down with a French braid going down and some makeup not much since it was too early.

Once it was time I headed outside and jumped into the truck.

“My girl is looking cute in my jersey..”

“Easton I thought I wasn’t your girl..” I said putting my phone in the cup holder and my hand on top of the middle box compartment

“Nah you’re definitely my girl now.. You’re the first one that I’ve ever let wear my jersey..” I am the first girl to wear his jersey oh my gosh. This is crazy

“So why am I up this early?” He smirked as he pulled out of my driveway to this large field that was a twenty minutes drive, in that time we spoke about life while he played some country music.

Today he was wearing his Lawton football shirt with these dark wash jeans and his cowboy boots.

“Here we are.” He stopped the truck and Parked it. I waited for him then got out and he grabbed a blanket from the backseat then threw it down on the tailgate.. what the heck is going on.

Jo be cool. You’ll be good.
“I wanted you to watch your first Lawton Sunrise with me.” By now my smile was so big on my face and I’m sure he could tell. I could feel my cheeks get hot and probably bright red right now.


He helped me up on the tailgate and I sat down with him sitting next to me. He put his arm around me. Damn he’s got nice arms


“This is so cool. I’ve never seen this before. It’s beautiful.”

He turned his head toward me smiling. “Not more beautiful than you though…”

I blushed.

He let go of my and I sat there watching the sunrise unfold in front of me, I knew he pulled his phone and took a picture of me.. I could feel it luckily I was right.


I looked down and opened up Snapchat to see his story, a picture of me captioned “nothing better than watching the sunrise with my girl”

there goes my heart beating out of my damn chest and smiling like an idiot.


We went to school like normal and I had literally everyone come up to speak to me as the two of us walked through the halls of the school.

“Do you need a ride home after school?” He asked giving me a hug

“No Ms Lawton is picking me up. She’s helping me get ready. Or Baylor might be giving me a ride I haven’t figured it out yet..”

“I can give you a ride Jolie. Just ask..”







“Ms Lawton, thanks for inviting me..”

She gave me the biggest Hug.

“Kid you’re practically family. Please come on in and call me Willa or Aunt Willa I don’t care.” She smiles grabbing my hand and pulling me into the house. Jeez it was huge, so big.

“Jolie Higgens.. I haven’t seen you since you were a baby kiddo.” He gave me a hug. It was Gunner Lawton.

“Jolie.. wait. Can I talk to you.” Baylor said pulling me into the kitchen where we’d have some privacy.

“Look I know Easton seems like he’s the bad boy gotta do this type of guy. He isn’t, with every bit of his body he’s a cowboy. I mean that he’s got the look for it but he also has the attitude. He’s been through a ton of s**t. I won’t explain it that’s his business but he does like you a lot.. I’m sure you feel the same way.” I smiled

“I do, I was so unsure but he explained to me that he’s not how everyone thinks he is. He’s only dated two people and no one has ever worn his jersey..”

“Exactly.. When he told me that he wanted to ask you to wear his jersey. I thought he was crazy. He’s never asked me for advice for girls..”

“Thank you Baylor.. I gotta go get ready now.” He smiled waving me off to go talk with his mom for hours now.

Everyone was warning me about Easton then telling me that he’s nothing to worry about.

Willa, led me to her bedroom where I sat in front of her vanity and began letting her do my makeup and helping me pick an outfit.


In the Living room, Easton came running into the house like it was his own.

“Where’s she at?” He asked

“She’s getting ready with my mom. Come on we are gonna be late if we don’t get our butts down there.”

“Coach knows I was coming to pick you up.”

“Me?” Baylor said

“Yes you. You idiot. I just wanna wait for my girl though.”

“She’s not yours.” He said

“No she’s not but I want her to be..”



Once I finished getting ready I walked out to the living room surprised to see Easton standing there with his best friend. His mouth dropped

“Easton pick your mouth back up it’s embarrassing.” Baylor said… Easton stood there frozen. Damnnit I hated getting stared at.

“You look great Jolie.”

“I wanted to give you a ride to the game. If that’s alright.” He added grabbing my hand

I looked back at my uncle “Uncle Gunner?”

“Go ahead Kid we will see you there..”

I walked out of the house holding his hand with Baylor following behind us. He opened the door for me and I jumped in.


Once we got to school. I began walking my own way to the stadium when he grabbed my body

“I’ll see you after the game..” He kissed my lips

I could only smile. I didn’t know what to say. He kissed me

“Come on dude Coach is gonna kill us both.” Baylor said

“You + me after. Alright..” I walked to the gates and paid for my ticket then walked into where everyone sits. I was meeting Josie here so I could sit with her and her friends.

“Thanks for letting me sit with y’all.” She smiled

“Gosh it’s no problem. You can hang with us anytime you want!” We walked to the bleachers and she began introducing me to everyone

“Savannah, Caroline Beau and Lane..”

“So you’re dating big shot Easton now? That was quick..”


“I wouldn’t say dating but.”

I watched the game in awe, which I love. I love watching football ever since I was little I was dragged to my brothers games and my dad used to always watch it that I had no choice but to. I fell in love though cause it was time my daddy and I shared together.

“Jo. Jolie.” I heard my name being called and I looked down to see Easton standing at the fence.

“I want you next to me at the end of the game to sing the Alma Mater.” I nodded my head

“How do I get down there?” He laughed

“Follow Josie and them!” I nodded my head alrighty this should be fun.

They won, with a 10 point lead. That was so awesome. I loved when my team won. It made me happy.

I walked down to the field and he grabbed my hand pulling me toward the the rest of the team, putting his arm around me I finally felt like I belonged somewhere.. That place was Lawton Alabama.

“THE LAWTON LIONS!” Everyone screamed out. This was so much fun this felt great. Everything about it felt right.
He grabbed me and picked me up before kissing my lips again.

We walked back to his truck where we both got in. He grabbed my hand and began driving away.

“Easton.”

“Mhmm.” He looked my way smiling.

“You’re the best.”
There was no way we were going back now.. We kissed, not once but twice. This wasn’t a friends thing.. Although I don’t really know what is it anymore.

“I understand if you do not want to date right now but I like you Jolie. I like you a lot. I don’t care if you wanna wait. I’ll wait, but I do want you at every game cheering me on. I would love it if you wore my jersey every Friday from now on. I would love it if we could hang out every chance we can get. If I can’t have you as my girlfriend then I will love it if you were my best friend.”

“Is this your way of asking me to be your girlfriend..” He laughed

“I guess it is.. So what do ya say Higgens?”

“Yes.. Easton.”





© 2019 maddsgrace1


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on February 3, 2019
Last Updated on February 3, 2019


Author

maddsgrace1
maddsgrace1

About
Hello I’m maddie and I write stories First I started off writing fan fictions and now I have entered the world of young adult romance and young adult! more..

Writing