A Spectrum of Weather

A Spectrum of Weather

A Poem by Rae

"Why did you choose to love her?"

They always asked.

I loved how her slender fingers held a strawberry.
I loved the playgrounds and temples
she built beneath our candlelit water.

I loved how her laughter was my rain jacket.

I loved her slick skin and
people told me that
I stormed less when she
caressed,

And maybe her sunlight
knew the humor
of my black clouds.

"I didn't."

© 2016 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
A work in progress. This is what I have up to date.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

hmm,a love sentiment to memories. The incredible feeling of longing for another was beautiful portrait :) Good!

Posted 7 Years Ago


"I loved the playgrounds and temples
she built beneath our candlelit water."

These two lines are really nice.
I like the work you did with the weather metaphor too.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Viewing love in eyes of knowing her, her ways of talking, her ways of holding glances as if they disappear when no one cared. To see no matter what he saw in her, it was a reflection of the things he had passion for and a life she was already living. If only he asked her name. That's what I felt in this poem of romance, beauty and love. That's what we live for. Poetry because we are members of the human race. Keep writing and know instead of looking outside and thinking the world is hard to touch , look closely inside of yourself and you will find everything you need cause you are the universe. Poet to poet that's the truth my friend. I see you already know that which this poem was born out of. Born out of you living inside and you gave it live. The material world interacts with the memory of the realities which the soul knew before its descent here below. P.S if your interested I'll send you a invite to my group called Life's Followers. Anyways beautiful emotions from a beautiful poet's soul.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lovely poem. Well written and from the soul. I think so.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

481 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2016
Last Updated on March 17, 2016

Author

Rae
Rae

Seattle, WA



About
18 years old. NYU student and tea enthusiast. Writing means the world to me; feel free to give reviews and help me greater improve. Writing has always been my escape, especially poetry. Life experie.. more..

Writing
Sugar Veins Sugar Veins

A Poem by Rae


Driftwood Driftwood

A Poem by Rae