The Same as Yesterday, and Probably Tomorrow

The Same as Yesterday, and Probably Tomorrow

A Poem by amomentforus

I met you today and your birthday is tomorrow. 2 years ago and every day. Time to mourn Memory. And be grateful it slips past. I don’t remember to tell the difference most times. Loving you most when I miss you. And I think I always miss you. I wrote your card two years ago and the words haven’t changed, wishing their intention might. Is it stagnant to keep holding this beacon? Maybe it's a mausoleum. If I carved this care in stone would you believe it? Trapping it there too. You are always more vivid in my dreams. Feeling my back find support in your chest. Tracing fingertips that were never meant to hold me. Is it sadistic to write this all down? The pen’s tip only ever managed to pierce my heart so if you ever read these words they would still be true. 


And that might always be the worst part.

© 2024 amomentforus


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on April 12, 2024
Last Updated on April 12, 2024
Tags: poetry, poems, writing, memory, love

Author

amomentforus
amomentforus

New York, NY



About
amomentforus is a writer/poet from NYC. She explores the intersection of memory and identity through character explorations highlighting human desire and motivation. With a background in Psychology an.. more..

Writing