A writer makes, a writer breaks

A writer makes, a writer breaks

A Story by makoy
"

This is what I thought writers should aspire to achieve in the end.

"
“A writer makes and a writer breaks.”

Let me begin by exhibiting my concurrence to the strong expression up above. Certainly, it is true. A writer is vulnerable in the creation and destruction. It is in his hand and mighty pen where the power lies.

Simply put it, the writer’s power could be so manifested once his very own piece of work reached to the keen prying eyes of the readers. When his piece reaches the audience, it can be likened closely to a food. The audience at the play of their instinct and radical choice, would have to eat it. Others devour it like a hungry lion on a month-long starvation, or rather a choosy bird that picks and breaks bits and pieces only to find out spitting them in the end.

If the former happens, it brings good news to the one who wrote it. But if the latter occurs, it can be assumed that a lot of consequences it will incur then to the same man. So, when a writer tries to ink his thoughts on a blank slate, he, without a choice, is confronted with both worlds.

With almost all the pen-pushers aim for nothing but the best" quality, craftsmanship, and beauty have all been the consideration. However, it takes only a master writer, who can be seldom found, to have all those things met almost always in every opportunity. Consequently, if the writer had a strong poetic vision plus the accuracy and the creativity of translating them into words, the writer makes. And it leads all of us to pondering on this question: What does it mean when a writer makes?

A writer makes when he moves others to go to a direction where he wants them to be"hoping that everything’s going and working as he desired. The writer may create a world that was once conceived in the depth of his mind. He could make people follow him. He could create the changes he wanted for the other people and the whole world in general. When the writer is that successful, he will always have two paths to lead the people to be. Either he leads them to the good and agreeable, or the contrary, to the misleading and the long and winding path. All hopes are rooted to the former.

The absence of quality and finesse in his writings leads to make the writer powerless. That spells inability to lead and influence the audience. Such is manifested when the writer has a strong vision to share but failed to put them in his words. Or the worse, the writer lacks both an astounding vision coupled with inability to brew appropriate language to spur the audience’s psyche. Hence, the writer leads his readers to nowhere, the writer moves no one, and ultimately, the writer becomes invisible to the eyes of many. As a result, the writer gradually loses focus, drive, motivation and significance. Worse scenario, the writer may put a cap back to the point of his pen, closes his notebook, and lock them together in a drawer where they may be dusted and aging forever.

Hence, as a neophyte trying to effect changes in my crafts, I always ventured to come up piece of work which I could consider the best, a work of art in an artist’s vocabulary. I long to see my audience little by little, day by day, one by one, going to the path I wish them to take which leading to the brighter side and promising feat in the end. Because I believe, for a writer to acquire power, his works has to be read first.

© 2015 makoy


Author's Note

makoy
I would love to hear any thoughts on this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with the concept. With every word and quotation you hope the audience loves it. But you have to take in account that maybe you won't have the desired effect. Until you keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


makoy

8 Years Ago

I totally agree with you. Writing is the effect upon the reader in the end. One should keep writing .. read more
I hear glimpses of a unique voice in your writing. I encourage you to continue. You are right, the writer is an artist whom an audience must gain trust or loathing for. There is no in-between. I enjoyed this work. I did, at some points, find it difficult to follow, and would suggest trimming some of your sentences down, making them more short and sweet. Upon saying that, please know that any criticism from you in regards to my own writings are most welcome!

To finding a unique voice, and sharing that voice with all who succeed us.

Posted 8 Years Ago


makoy

8 Years Ago

Thanks for spending to write and share your thoughts. It would be my pleasure sharing my thoughts on.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 10, 2015
Last Updated on May 11, 2015
Tags: Essay, writer, amateur, writing, a writer makes a writer breaks

Author

makoy
makoy

Writing
The Temptation The Temptation

A Story by makoy


The Transition The Transition

A Poem by makoy