Drama

Drama

A Poem by Manda

Drama

She calls to say hi,
And he calls her stupid.
Hateful wails 
Of unwanted feelings 
So intense you’d think they were waves of an icy sea.
The sunlight peaks, 
And so does the violence,
But as I watch, 
I see the beauty of it all.
So maybe I’m the one who’s intense.

© 2012 Manda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Like the read, I couldn't resist after reading your bio, as for dinner, well maybe I shall have you cook it for us if you are a cook? Actually I am just up the road in Denver and should you wanna come read your works aloud at the open mic I host you are always welcome, and who knows maybe I would BBQ for you!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's easy...after a fight...to feel the guilt. Sometimes looking back I wonder if I added drama to what should have been a petty subject matter. No metaphors here...you spell it all out. The mystery between the sexes never ceases to amaze me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Like the read, I couldn't resist after reading your bio, as for dinner, well maybe I shall have you cook it for us if you are a cook? Actually I am just up the road in Denver and should you wanna come read your works aloud at the open mic I host you are always welcome, and who knows maybe I would BBQ for you!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, a really deep read invoked in such a few lines...I had a co-worker, who I once worked with...very beautiful, yet she would get beat by her man...I would have to listen to her tell her problems to me on a daily basis like I was her psychologist or something...anyhoo, I told her why put up with it...she said, "I Love him." It just boggled my mind but I never said anything further like leave him, it was their business and I knew getting too involved would be crazy...she just needed to vent, eventually, she divorced him but took a couple of years and she lost her house and had to look for new housing with her 2 kids....the good ending to this story is, she did find someone else that loved her for her...and had a kid with him. Don't ever stay in an abusive relationship...I've seen it batter the soul, where they withered to emptiness.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The last line has so much impact, because it's different I think, well not different, but an opposite; well not really an opposite, but it's something, a really good something. 'The sunlight peaks, /And so does the violence' I adore those two lines, just the contrasts of sunlight and violence, it's amazing. There's so much depth in this, though it's not like this is particularly long.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2012
Last Updated on January 27, 2012

Author

Manda
Manda

Albuquerque , NM



About
I'm terrible at these "about me" things. Well, I'm a worker at a daycare on her way onto becoming a teacher and writer. My quirky sense of humor,love for morbid and disturbing horror, and familiarity .. more..

Writing
Dray Dray

A Story by Manda