1

1

A Chapter by mandi

“Can we trust you with this task?” The Relia queen looked down upon me with mournful eyes.

“Yes.” I could tell she understood how hard this was for me. I felt as if I should have taken comfort in that, but it only brought me more worry. I could see it in her eyes that she was scared.

“Cecily, I know why this is difficult for you. But it’s also difficult for me too. But if this fails again the Trey are one step closer to devouring our kind. Because Cora did recite the ones she found out as she went you only have to find the seven.”

‘She only had seven left. Who could have been so important that she couldn’t answer seven questions? Why couldn’t have she been a hero?’ I wanted to scream at her but I couldn’t. No one could anymore.

“I’m ready.”

“You know this is hard for me too right? You look exactly like her. You have the same messy brown hair, and the same bright blue eyes.” she reached out to touch my cheek.

I pushed her hand away, “I said I’m ready.”

“I’m the only family you have left Cecily, don’t push me away like this.” I ripped away the paper with the questions on it and turned my back to her. “Why are you doing this?”

“May I please leave I’m ready to fix my mother’s mistakes.”

“You don’t believe that she did anything wrong do you?”

“She never even tried to contact me.”

“She felt something for someone that we should all aspire to feel. You can’t blame her for that. If you are ready to leave you may.”

“I am.” I turned back to her and just looked at her. “You know you look like her too.”

I walked through the portal that would take me to my mission. I couldn't stand being constantly reminded that I to my mother I was a failure. My mother was the one who failed her mission but somehow I always get that look from people. That look where they think I'm smaller then them because my mom couldn't finish something. I refuse to live in my mother's mistakes. I have seven questions this shouldn't be that hard to do.

The portal was a light green tunnel that made everything look incredibly fast but also unbearably slow. The walls of the portal looked like a wall of leaves. So light and delicate to manipulate the frame of time but held together travelers.

It was so surreal to be there. Like if I could just stay there for one more moment I would do anything to make sure it happened, because it was quiet, no one could judge me here. It was just me, and that's how I like it.

But it wouldn't last much longer. I had already been in there too long. Any longer and I could end up God no's where. I filled my lungs with as much of the air as I could.

I groped down my legs making sure everything thing was there. The leather felt like a wake up call. The hidden pockets held little bottles of potions that could help me and hidden weapons incase I run into trouble. I stood up and reached for the necklace my mother gave me. The black shard of glass was the one piece of jewelry that I kept on always. I didn't know what it was or what it meant but I felt empty without it.

The time to go was now. I looked at the clear green portal for one last time and launched myself at the green glass wall.



© 2016 mandi


Author's Note

mandi
Thank you and please edit away and tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on March 25, 2016
Last Updated on March 25, 2016


Author

mandi
mandi

Writing
Answer Me Answer Me

A Book by mandi