End

End

A Story by manna
"

my tribute to the end of summer

"

End

Short Story

"Brett, come on!" Emily's voice whinned over the phone.

"I don't really want to," I replied for the hundreth time.

"Pleaseeee!" she cried back. I clutched my light blue cell. Emily was stubborn!

"Tell me again why I should go," I said trying to sound as clueless as possible. She began to ramble off a list of silly things like shirtless boys and a big pool. Not really paying attention, I began to play with a loose strand of hair. I wrapped the brown strand around my finger, then released it, watching the new tiny curl bounce into place.

"AND," Emily said in a sharp tone. "it's the last fun thing we can do before we go to that place."

"What? Schoo-,"

"DON"T SAY IT!" Emily squeeled. "We do NOT talk about that place during summer." I held back a giggle

"But Em, today is the last day of summer! We will go to "that" place tormorrow."

"Exactly!" she yelled. "That's why you need to come to this pool party with me! Brett, I really want you to meet Trevor!"

"Oh, is he your new boyfriend? Isn't he your third one this week?"

"Well, if your wanna be like that," Emily said in a low tone. There was a click of her hanging up, then a high-pitched buzzing. I sighed and clicked my cell phone shut. I reallly don't see how Em and I are friends. She rather spend her last day of summer partying. I'd rather sit in my PJ's and read a book, and that's just what I'm going to do. I can apoligze to Emily tomorrow at school. She'll forgive me and I know it.

1. She's my best friend

2. She'll be to busy getting over the fact that summer came to an end.

© 2011 manna


Author's Note

manna
ignore grammar probs. :) tell me what you think! <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. This is really good. Keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011

Author

manna
manna

Writing
My gift My gift

A Story by manna


Dark Rose Dark Rose

A Story by manna