Crowned (Scene One)

Crowned (Scene One)

A Screenplay by SupermarketZombies
"

A tale of the misfortunes of the first co-presidents in an unnamed country, the money loving corporate princess that took over after them, her teddy bear, and a boy named Jack. (Work in progress)

"
FADE IN:

INT. BAD MOJO COFFEE CAFE - AFTERNOON

Two kids sit alone at a table by the window. The pair is in work suits. No other customers, waiters, etc. are visible or heard.

LINTON ZIMMER
����������������Have you chosen a weapon to do it with yet Alph?

ALPH MALOUGH
(Shifts uneasily in his chair)
����������������No, no not yet.

LINTON ZIMMER
(Sips a cup of coffee that isn�t there)
I�m beginning to believe that you�re over thinking this my dear friend. just pick something and get this over with. I�m beginning to gray in some spots!

ALPH MALOUGH
(Shrugs and remains silent and gazes out the window,
obviously bored with the current topic of discussion)
����������������What is your opinion of the giraffe?

LINTON ZIMMER
(Startled by the strange question, he raises his brow)
Positive I suppose but I hardly can see how that would relate to my murder.

ALPH MALOUGH
Well being murdered by a giraffe would certainly be more interesting than the typical firearm or knife. The headlines would be spectacular, not to mention that it would make for a good addition to my memoir. I have to be thinking of the future you know.

LINTON ZIMMER
Alph I�m not very convinced of your resolve. Do you even want to kill me any more??

ALPH MALOUGH
(Smiles and responds after a momentary pause)
Yes very much so Linton but I�m puzzled as to why I feel this war. You love the life you lead and have never done me any harm.

LINTON ZIMMER
(Scratches his head thoughtfully)
Well I suppose it is a tad odd that the victim and murderer are conspiring together.

Alph leans back in his chair and looks up at the ceiling, an overhead light flashes into his eyes and he falls.

LINTON ZIMMER
(Stays seated)
����������������Alph quit dicking around.
����������������
Alph picks himself off the floor and dusts himself off.

LINTON ZIMMER
Well that was awfully careless of you.

ALPH MALOUGH
(Turns away from Linton in shame)
����������������Sorry, it appears that I took a bit of a spill�

A horse can be heard off in the distance. The sound of its hooves grows greater and greater. Alph and Linton snap their heads towards the door as a great monster of a horse bursts into the Bad Mojo Coffee Caf�.

horseman, JOHN PIER
(Raises a saber above his head)
����������������OIL SPILL! OIL SPILL! Excuse me good sirs�

The horseman trots over to Alph and Linton�s table. He wears a bright red coat and a spike top helmet similar to the Kaisers� and carries a scabbard holding a saber.

horseman, JOHN PIER
I am John Pier of the Department of Maritime Environmental Disasters. Sirs, I have received word from a most reliable source that this establishment has recently experienced a spill. Could you be so kind as to guide me to its proximity?

Alph and Linton stare wide eyed with open mouths, first at the horse and then at John Pier.
LINTON ZIMMER
Uh�well�you see�it wasn�t exactly an oil spill. My clumsy friend here took a mere fall�that�s all.


JOHN PIER
(Turns to Alph)
����������������Sir, is this true?

ALPH MALOUGH
Well yeah, it is. I was just apologizing to Mr. Zimmer here for falling out of my seat.

JOHN PIER
I feel quite tricked sir. Spills of this sort do not concern the Department of Maritime Environmental Disasters. I�m afraid that I will be forced to apprehend you for providing false information to an officer of the law.

ALPH MALOUGH
(Confused)
����������������Wait what now?

JOHN PIER
(Points saber at Alph angrily)
Your shouting misled an officer of Government Corporation therefore I have no choice but to place you under arrest!

John Pier sheaths his saber, pulls out a leather bound book out of coat, and opens it.

JOHN PIER
(Clearing this throat first)
����������������Ahem. I will now read you your rights sir.
�As a citizen of the glorious Government Corporation you have no rights except for your mandatory right to do whatever a member of
Government Corporation asks.�

Alph pulls out a large revolver from his pocket, and aims it swiftly at John Pier.
��������
JOHN PIER
Wait, stop fiend! I am a member of Government Corporation and wish to be treated as such!
Alph shrugs and fires the revolver, hitting Pier in the chest. Pier slumps on to the horses neck. Alph pockets the gun again but remains standing.

ALPH MALOUGH
(Looking at the body)
Sorry about that Linton. It seemed like a perfect time to practice that�I think I�ll keep that nice little hat of his.

The screen focuses upon the coffee house floor. A large thud can be heard, and the clang of a helmet hitting the floor.
FADE OUT

© 2008 SupermarketZombies


Author's Note

SupermarketZombies
I wrote Crowned for the 2008 ScriptFrenzy in April, but was unable to reach the 100 page mark by a long shot. I've continued to write on it when the mood strikes me in the pants. I haven't written (or read) a screenplay before, so professional this is not.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very intesting scene. The giraffe part was amusing, and it became very surreal with the entrance of John Pier.

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow nice

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2008
Last Updated on August 29, 2008

Author

SupermarketZombies
SupermarketZombies

Anderson, SC



About
Opps I seem to have misplaced my brains. The off-beat and nonsensical are my forte, however, do not expect coherence or wisdom. Well maybe some wisdom, but it would take you so long to retrieve it t.. more..

Writing