Ghost Particles

Ghost Particles

A Poem by Anthony M Smith Jr
"

The speed of light is widely held to be the Universe's ultimate speed limit, and much of modern physics - as laid out in part by Albert Einstein in his theory of special relativity

"
Cruising through Earth as Muon Nuetrinos

while they are a shape-shifting sub atomic particles

the mad dash to find them little bambino's

bound for fame in many science articles

the speed of light has lost the fight






© 2011 Anthony M Smith Jr


Author's Note

Anthony M Smith Jr
Is there anything faster than the speed of light?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear Kunu,

Had to write back. The story continues. There is now doubt placed on the experiment by the experimenters themselves. There are two issues with the timing that are suspect. They each go in different directions, i.e., one would make the estimate of the particle speed faster, one slower. Given that there are now doubts, and I would move my wager over to the "there are problems" camp and say the likely outcome is that the neutrinos do not travel faster than light. That was my initial position, but I was beginning to come over to the camp that maybe there was some extra-dimensional stuff involved. So how easy it is to reconsider ones position!?? That should be a lesson to all of us.

Scientific measurement is all. We can't know what to believe until the measurements are known and unassailable. Before that we are just whistling in the breeze.

Very best regards, my good friend!

Rick

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Superman...oh that's a speeding bullet.
A very cool write, on a subject that makes my brain hurt. You have made Science fun.
Thank you

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My Dear Writing Friend,
I enjoyed this write on a subject I would never of dreamed a poem would be written about, well done.

Blessings, Laughing-Bear


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

only the spirit of man seeking the spirit of tunkeshila...grandfather , brother.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting. As to the question . . . probably lol, but yet to be found no doubt.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My Dear Friend,

Ha-Ho! You are as surprising as always. When many miss the news and just dismiss, you have your eyes open. Yes, if this holds this is the stuff of Noble prizes. Can these neutrinos (and you have the right flavor, muon neutrinos) travel faster than light?

Now there is lots of speculation already. In fact faster than light particles have been anticipated in the extension of the Standard Model of Unified Field Theory first put forth in the late 1990s. This is called Lorenz symmetry breaking. And neutrinos are known so well already for symmetry breaking. So if one were to propose a particle that might do this, one would give the nod to the neutrino.

Now will this result hold? Hard to know. This is a hard experiment, but the people performing it seem extremely careful and competent. It will take probably years to find out as others repeat the experiment. But there is a real chance that this result is correct. And what does that mean? Well I would bet that the speed of light is still intact and that something else is happening. There has already been speculation that the neutrinos traveled a shorter path by tunneling through other dimensions of existence. This is obviously something that will be extremely important to the advancement of physics. But there are so many other possibilities. Physicists will be working on this one for years. Noble prize material? If this holds, you bet. Big time.

All the best, my friend. Once again, I admire you having your eye on the ball.

Peace, love, happiness, and health to your friends and loved ones!

Rick

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1260 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 24, 2011
Last Updated on September 24, 2011

Author

Anthony M Smith Jr
Anthony M Smith Jr

Mabel, MN



About
I belong to the Ho-Chunk-Gra Nation. I am from the Elk Clan. I am a grandfather. I do not consider myself holy or sacred I just have a strong belief. MY DAILY PRAYER! Waxop’ini Xetera I.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Deeper Deeper

A Poem by Robin


Rhythm  Rhythm

A Poem by Robin