Heavenly travel

Heavenly travel

A Chapter by Warrior of Death

Chapter 5: “Heavenly” travel

 

“What can we do about this, Night?”

“Very little here on Earth. We must travel to Heaven where you will learn from the Order of our ways.” Night replied.

“When; how can we get there?”

“We must go now. Move forward ten steps and do not fear.” I did as told. “Close your eyes and breathe, Ryan, you need to be completely calm for this or it won’t work.”

Once I was calm, Night let go of my shoulder and flapped his onyx hued wings to keep himself aloft. Suddenly, he uttered the most blood curdling screech I had ever heard in my life, which lasted several seconds. For a few moments nothing happened and I was beginning to think that the crow was messing with me, but then, in a bright multi-colored flash of light and aura of lightning, a white portal opened out of thin air. Energy pulsed through it in small explosions of light.

“Follow me” Night said. The crow flew into the portal and disappeared. Taking a deep breath I ran into the whiteness. My body was battered with many sensations at the same time. I felt frozen to the bone, hot to the point of sweating, and then total numbness. I all of my 18 years passed before my eyes and then, I fell though fire, water, and earth, unharmed. Then it all stopped and I was on my knees, searing outside and freezing inside with a tingling in my spine.  

“Oh my God!” I yelled in shock, false pain and surprise at what had just happened to me. I sat there on my knees until by sensations reversed and I felt somewhat normal again. As I looked up, I saw a fairly familiar sight, Night, the recently befriended crow of mine, sat upon an irregularly shaped block of stone. If a crow could smirk, he would’ve been. “You never do get used to an artificial “Heavenly Travel”.

I scowled at him, feeling mocked by Night, and rubbing my left arm. “Heavenly Travel?” Artificial?” I asked.

“Yes, the name “Heavenly Travel” refers to someone entering Heaven dead or with no physical form. The term “artificial” refers to the opposite of that.” Night explained. “It is difficult…”

As I listened to Night explain “Heavenly Travel” and it’s consequences and rewards, I looked around at my current view of Heaven. Beautiful rolling grassy hills and crests enshrouded in a low mist with the occasional jut or block of stone covered the surrounding land. The sky was light gray, and so many startling planets and strikingly bright stars filled it instead of clouds. The grass under my feet was wet with morning dew. Abruptly, as if I had no concerns, I laughed, loud and proud, for no evident reason.

“What? Why are you laughing?” The crow asked almost crossly.

“I’m sorry, Night. Its just… its just so untouched, so wonderful. It reminds me of rural England.”

“Many who come here think of it that way. It is as it was meant to be, a good place to end up after a good life. We must make haste to the Gate, then to the castle. Stick with me, Ryan.” Then the crow took off, his black wings beating swiftly, disturbing the low mist. Again, I took a lungful of air, followed by the all too exhilarating adrenaline caused by running.



© 2013 Warrior of Death


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on April 26, 2013
Last Updated on April 26, 2013


Author

Warrior of Death
Warrior of Death

port richey, FL



About
I love to write and read. I do it all the time, even when I'm not supposed to. more..

Writing