Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Mariah Jaimee Bawar
"

Introduction

"
He won't on and on, caressing her and feeling her artificial exterior on his fingertips. Her glossy eyes were wide and empty. His soul longed to enter her small physique, to fill each curve with life for her to speak. "Lately, you've been jealous." He stared at her with his head tilted slightly. "Haven't you?" She stared back blankly, holding her emotionless expression in place. "I know you have Veronica. Don't lie to me." He spoke with a hint of anger lingering on each word. "Dorothy, don't listen to her." He told another. "You're beautiful as you are". He assured the blonde. Hundreds of eyes stared back at him and whispered, "What about us?" 

The house began to smell of bacon with a pinch of ham and some eggs. The delicious smell tempted her, waving passed each nostril. She quickly rose to her feet resulting to her body's unpleasant feedback. Music filled her ears as she drew closer to the kitchen; her stomach began to scream desperately. "Good morning your highness." A voice mocked from a distance. She simply laughed in response. "Come on Bridget, it's too early in the morning." Bridget spun around to face her, and noticed her red nose with dried up tears holding on to her fair skin. "What did he do this time?" 

It has been more than a week since that day. The house was filled with heavy clouds overhead killing every rose of happiness she left behind. Her case was simply ignored. Her story, short lived. Bridget has been rushing to them, every morning, looking for a single reminder or progress and she would always come back with nothing. "This is his fault", she snarled, startling the old woman next to her. As the bus cruised through the streets, she continued to ponder on the matter. "There it was, the window that changed everything", she thought. "Who would have known?" 

While she walked to her desk, she started to remember that moment like it happened just yesterday. 

Sophia Browning, she was loved by everyone. Many called her "The complete package". It made sense: She was beautiful and yet it was her brains that sealed the deal, her angelic personality added sugar to the cake. She greeted almost every individual that passed her way as she walked to her office. Bridget would always stand by her chanting, "Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave" 

Considering her position, she was placed in an office at the end of the corridor. Walls made of glass, floors carpeted with a dull blue and her desk with a silver plate which had the words, "Editor Sophia Browning" engraved. 

Bridget watched many of Sophia's admirers walk in that office with a confident smirk but walk out with a face of defeat. The sight made her laugh each time. No doubt she had a handful of her own but how could she beat those beautiful grey eyes, Bridget thought. 

That day, Sophia came home with a scented envelope. Bridget remembered how it smelled like, roses. She couldn't forget how her friend's face glowed. Her excitement spread throughout the place like flu. "I waited till I got home. I couldn't open it without you." She squeaked. "Well, who is this from?" the other asked in curiosity. Sophia, too excited to reply, ripped the envelope open. It was as if she let out a beautiful garden in their living room. She laughed in glee as her eyes were set on the pink paper within. They unfolded the letter together, each word beautifully hand written. It read: 

Dear Juliet, 
Your voice fills my ears with sweet songs of nightingales, 
Your skin so lovely that my fingers yearn to touch. 
Those deep eyes beautiful as a mist of clouds on a rainy day. 
My heart longs for you, my soul cries for you. 
Please be mine. 
Your Romeo 

Bridget smirked, "That was just the beginning." 


© 2015 Mariah Jaimee Bawar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on June 25, 2015
Last Updated on June 25, 2015


Author

Mariah Jaimee Bawar
Mariah Jaimee Bawar

Dubai, United Arab Emirates



About
Hello, nice to meet you. I'm Mariah, a medical student at Charles University, Cz. I'm in love with books, whether it may be reading or writing them, they have a special place in my heart. I do enjoy m.. more..

Writing