Variant of HIV in Russia

Variant of HIV in Russia

A Story by marianatanase


Extremely hazardous discovered variant of HIV in Russia
Scientists in Siberia have a new and extremely dangerous variant of HIV discovered in Russia.
Researchers at the science center in Clots Niort says that the latest version of HIV, known as 02_AG / A, is the most dangerous form of the disease in the country 
A report explains that the researchers believe that this type of virus is spreading much faster than the other variants. This form was first discovered in 2006 in the Russian city Nosier.

Now half of all HIV patients in the region with 02_AG / A infected. The Russian news agency RIA Novato writes that the number of people in the region of Novosibirsk from 2,000 in 2007 to 15,000 in 2012 has increased.
The variant was also noted in parts of central Asia and other parts of Russia. decreases the number of infections with HIV worldwide; Who Is Kyle Leon Eastern Europe and Central Asia are the only areas where the number of patients increases.

The United Nations (UN) say the use of needles to drug addicts and sexual contacts of the main causes of the HIV epidemic in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. The number of infections remains high due to a lack of funds for prevention and treatment, according to a report by the UN in 2012.



© 2013 marianatanase


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on November 20, 2013
Last Updated on November 20, 2013