After Trump Won

After Trump Won

A Story by Leonardo
"

I wrote a fictional scenario of what events would occur after Trump won the election. I wrote this a few months before election day.

"
   We didn't think it would come to this, that our lives would be at risk. But we were wrong. In June of 2015 Donald Trump announced his candidacy for President. We never thought he would make it very far. We didn't think he'd win the nomination, but he did.  Of course we still had hope that Hillary Clinton would be our next president and win the election by a wide margin. 
     
    I was never a Hillary supporter. I preferred Bernie Sanders over her. Election Day came. I and millions of Americans were glued to our televisions waiting for the votes to come in from each state. As the night went on both Trump and Clinton were neck and neck. People were in suspense and jittery. So was I. It would be anytime that we would find out where our country was headed. 
        
    This election was reminiscent of Bush VS Gore in 2000, but this time Florida wouldn't be the center of Attention. It was now down to Ohio. I watched and waited for the Ohio votes to come in.
While the vote was close, it looked like Trump had won the state and with that the presidency of the United States. 
       
       I was stunned, and in shock. I looked at the TV and did not believe my eyes. Donald Trump, the most divisive man in America was our next president. This was the calm before the storm.
          I looked on Facebook and saw the posts by my friends. Some said they were going to leave the Country, other just could not believe it. Those who supported Trump gloated and felt vindicated.
          6 months into Trump's presidency a shift began to take hold.  All the bigots and racists started coming out of their holes. Even here in Yucaipa. Certain conservative whites began treating minorities with less respect. Some places even refused service to black people. 
        
      But this time the black community didn't take this lying down. Instead they rioted and destroyed businesses, cars, and city buildings. These riots took place all over the country and when the police couldn't contain the mob, the national Guard was sent in. Some of the soldiers were especially brutal in their tactics; they even killed certain black people. 
        
     This was the tipping point, because now the gangs got involved and started shooting back at the soldiers. The Bloods and Crips began to arm the rioters. After a month, the rioting turned into armed conflict between blacks and the National guard. 
        
      Because of this, Donald Trump declared a state of Emergency across the whole country. A curfew was put into effect and we weren't allowed to be out past 11pm. While nothing was happening in Yucaipa, there was fighting taking place in San Bernardino. The public was told to stay out of the city if you didn't live there. San Bernardino was on complete lock down. 

     What proceeded was the worst conflict on American soil since the civil war. America lost cohesion and after the war the nation was split in two. We never recovered from Trump's presidency, and we may never.

© 2016 Leonardo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on November 14, 2016
Last Updated on November 14, 2016
Tags: Trump, election, riots, war

Author

Leonardo
Leonardo

Yucaipa, CA



About
Hello, my name is Leonardo, and I like to write various short stories for fun. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Leonardo