Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Leonardo

       I look outside. It's dark, not a single hint of the sun. I look at my phone. That can't be right. I decide to walk over to the clock hanging on the wall in the living room. The big hand is on the 9, little hand on the 5. How is this possible? I decide to walk outside. My cat follows me out of the side door. I look around and I see different people in my mobile home park talking with each other. My cat moves to the back of the house unconcerned unlike the rest of us. I decide to walk over to my neighbor Randy's place to see if he's awake. Instead his wife opened the door and told me he's at work. " Have you looked at your clock?" I asked. She answered "No, why?" I pulled out my phone and showed her the time. " It's 9:15, the sun should be out". She went inside to look at the time on her phone. 
    
      Then she came rushing back. It has the same time as yours. She looked afraid. I don't know what's going on, but I would call your husband. I'm surprised he hasn't called you yet! She quickly dialed her phone. From the look on her face, she seems to have gotten a hold of her husband. I was about to leave until she stopped me. "You think you could stay until Randy gets home?"
 " I just talked to him and he said he's on his way." "Yeah, no problem, I answered."
       
      We waited inside her kitchen for about twenty minutes until we heard a car pull into the driveway. She looked out the window. It was Randy.
He walked inside the front door and thanked me for waiting with his wife while he drove home. "Have you heard anything about what it might be?" Carla asked. Randy answered, "I was listening to the radio on the way home, and according to the news report the whole United States is affected!"  "I wonder if the President had made any announcement yet." I asked. "Well, I'm going to go home and call my relatives, and make sure they are okay." I said goodbye to them both and walked back to my house.
         
       I immediately went inside the living room and turned on the TV.  CNN's Anderson Cooper stood outside in New York. The lights of Time Square shined brightly under the black sky. I listened in. " I'm here in Time Square. It's one in the afternoon, but you would not be able to notice. Because for all intense and purposes, the sun has not come up today across America and the rest of the World. 
We are still waiting on President Obama to Address the nation."
          
       Obama and the rest of the government are most likely locked away in a secret bunker somewhere. 
"So Armageddon happens on a Monday, interesting." I said to myself. I just realized I had been away from my phone the whole time. I checked it and saw that I had over 20 missed calls. I tried to call them back but kept on getting busy signals. The Cell phone towers must be overwhelmed by people trying to call their families.  I decided to send them all a copy and paste message on Facebook Messanger explaining that I'm fine. 
       
       A few hours later I got a knock on my door. It was my friend Armando. "Hey man! This is f*****g crazy right?" Armando said. " Did you take the bus here?" I asked. "They're still running?" "No my mom dropped me off!" " Even during Armageddon she still doesn't want you at her house." I joked. "Just playing man."
         We walked to the living room and sat in front of the TV. " I'll bet this s**t's aliens bro!" Armando Said. 

     "Yeah, your probably right. What else could it be? I asked." " I don't know, but what I do know is that we're getting fucked up!" I looked over and saw Armando pull out two big bottles of Vodka.  "Jesus! How much were those?" I asked. " Nothing!" " What do you mean by nothing?" I asked. "I swiped em from my mom's boyfriend's liquor stash." "You know we're gonna need something to mix that with." I said. " Let's go to the store soon and get some Red Bulls, maybe some Sprite, or anything else that mixes well." " No problemo man! " Armando said in his upbeat way.
       
     After a few hours we walked to Stater Bros. we had to wear our jackets cause it was so cold. Since we haven't had sunlight the temperature has dropped lower than normal. It was just barely 50 degrees outside. It would have been around 75 under normal circumstances. 
     
      When we arrived I noticed the store was a lot more crowded than it normally was. People were purchasing large quantities of water and canned goods; things that would last for a long time. It looked as though panic was setting in for most of these people. For Armando and I it was much more like a snow day. I found this whole thing fascinating and exciting. I guess for people who enjoyed their lives, this kind of event wasn't something they welcomed. But for Armando and I, our past prospects weren't all too promising.
       
       It never crossed my mind to start prepping. I've never been that kind of person. I've always taken things as they've come. But once our booze are finished and the hangovers subside, we may need to seriously think about what to do. And I need to get a hold of my dad. He must be worried sick about me. When I get home, I'll check my messages on Facebook. Hopefully he replied.
        
      It was now 7pm, and I was drinking a screwdriver sitting in the living room with Armando, watching the news. They were now saying that there must be some kind of giant object in space blocking out the sun because the moon is no longer visible as it should be. They're also saying that they don't think the object is a comet or asteroid. 
       
     "What the f**k man? It's f*****g aliens bro!" Exclaimed Armando. 
"Jesus Christ, I think your right man." I said "What are they trying to do though?" Armando looked at me with helpless confusion. "I don't know."I said


© 2016 Leonardo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on November 14, 2016
Last Updated on November 19, 2016


Author

Leonardo
Leonardo

Yucaipa, CA



About
Hello, my name is Leonardo, and I like to write various short stories for fun. more..

Writing