All I see

All I see

A Poem by Marissa
"

This is a poem I wrote about some feelings I can't lose, so I wrote them down...and the part where it says im not gonna try it needs to say im not gonna try for you but it didn't sound right...

"

The pain I have

The tears I cry

The questions of why

 

Still leave me wondering

Even after so many years

 

I don't understand

Why I hurt so much

When all I wanna do-

is just give up

 

I can't explain

So I try not to complain

 

But sometimes it's too much

And I just start to bawl

 

I'm at that point

Where im not gonna try

I'm not even gonna cry

 

But I am gonna-

make something of myself

 

 

© 2012 Marissa


Author's Note

Marissa
Please comment and let me know what you think and please be honest....(:

-Thanks, Marissa

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poised and well written it guides the reader with imagery, well done, good read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is well-written, and it depicts daily struggles most people go through really nicely. I'm a neat freak, so I did notice a few typos which you might want to fix- apostrophes and capitals, and such. Nicely done, though, this is a great poem!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The nature of the passions, particularly, its delicate aspects, exercise a subtle but strong influence on the mind that is simply trying to say things for what they are. A person feels an impediment as a result but it is the way that our body and mind interacts. They hold a surprise for each other that becomes clear when you are ready.

Posted 11 Years Ago


just try not to give up, hold on. nice write

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this poem because it's real and mostly freeverse, so I can tell that it's a "let my damn emotions out" poem lol. So there's not good or bad in it, but I myself like it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
C.
this is good c: I can relate to it as well, which makes it better in my opinion haha. And in reply to Rene Velez's review~ I think it's okay to use technically incorrect language. It can have several uses, even though it really isn't the correct way of spelling. I use it and words similar. But, that's just my opinion, haha. Everyone's is different.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this one...change gonna to going to...it's important for a poet to write the right way, especially if you want the reader to take you seriously.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Seems your not a quitter and that is strength. I am sure that with that attitude you will always succeed. Keep writing you show promise

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this meter, I've never encountered it before. It is an interesting mix of periodic hard hitting 2-line stanzas, interspersed with descriptive, unpretentious questionings of your own life. The only advice I can give is don't feel so bound to 1 rhyme, I understand the resonant significance but try exploring to really give your work a flourish. Otherwise, very good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hard to stop tears of sadness. But we must. I like the flow of thoughts and the good ending. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

614 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2012
Last Updated on June 26, 2012

Author

Marissa
Marissa

NC



About
Hi! Im Marissa I like writing poems and im not very good but it's how I get my feelings out. I'm a sophomore. Nothing better than friends and family. (but to me family isn't always blood) and well I l.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hush Hush

A Story by Sophie


I AM STRONG I AM STRONG

A Poem by afra


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by A.Lee