Until...

Until...

A Poem by Mark

So for now, I'll close my eyes and be,

Imaginin' you, imaginin' me

Wondering when, my love, I'll be

With you, lover, with you..

 

Your head within my elbow nests,

My arm across your right thigh rests

At last, the answer to my life’s quests:

By you, lover, by you...

 

Until the day that time shall be

Just dreaming of you, dreaming of me

Into your heart I'll shortly flee

To you, lover, to you...

 

And when that day at last shall dawn

And I your pillow lay upon

The dreams I'll dream, but new dreams spawn

In you, lover, in you!

 

mark teague, 12.29.09

© 2009 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Mark:
This reminds me of a theme I once wrote about, "until we can be together in the world, let us hold each other in dreams". I can feel the resolve in it, almost like a resolution for the new year. There are not always words of comfort when a person feels torn in a few directions, but when love is true it is a healing and forgiving force.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

hold each other by our dreams.... i like the ryme scheme and the search for true love is eternal, no doubt...

i kept expecting there to be a glitch somewhere as I read the poem, but there wasn't, the flow is very good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh this is so beautifully written and flow flawlessly. I agree this would make a wonderful song. Artfully composed. lovely...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Clap, Clap. I like this and the thoughts it brings. Sadly I have found in life that you can be more in love with the dreams than what is reality, but I still like to dream.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What beautiful words, what wonderful poetry .. it seems so effortlessly written but you've made it sing out, each line complimenting the previous or following.

'Your head within my elbow nests, My arm across your right thigh rests
At last, the answer to my life’s quests: By you, lover, by you... ' Those lines are a serenade in themselves.

Your lady-love must be delighted and touched by your words, the way you've wooed her so gently yet passionately .. a real gift.

Thank you for sharing what are private moments of thought.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A wonderful piece, Mark. At once woeful and hopeful, living in another's heart until you can be together. Hoping against hope that it happens in this world and not in the next.

Very romantic. Very well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so beautifully spoken, filled with a tenderness and longing... You make the dream of love fulfilled so very real and hopeful. Thank you for sharing this wondrous piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You're in top form, Mark; you old hopeless romantic, you. This one's got a nice flow, but you always do that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so romantic and beautiful. It is a heartwarming and wistful, poem and/or song. I can almost hear it being gently crooned. Glad you have found your muse again, my friend.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful ode to that woman and lover in your life...I am sure she is thrilled with this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 30, 2009
Last Updated on December 30, 2009

Author

Mark
Mark

Las Vegas, NV



About
Writing, for me, has always been the friend who brought out the best in me, and who would never argue with me, except when necessary to point out my many obvious inconsistancies. Writing and.. more..

Writing
K-20 K-20

A Poem by Mark


This Son Of God This Son Of God

A Poem by Mark



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..