i like being a woman but sometimes i would like to be a man

i like being a woman but sometimes i would like to be a man

A Story by mary mary quite contrary
"

thoughts on the differences between men and women

"
I am a woman but I think sometimes it would be nice to be a man.  I do enjoy being soft both on the inside and out.  But a man is so effortlessly emotionally and physically hard and strong.  It is not in a woman’s nature to be that-maybe only when it comes to childbirth.  
A man can go anywhere, anytime and no questions asked.  Sometimes I want to go anyplace, anytime, anonymous like a man.  
A woman is protected by the men who love her-it is a nice warm feeling- until you want to go anyplace anytime.
A woman gives and gives-and has an endless supply.  She can always find more to give, that is a wonderful thing.  A man can take and take, he never gets enough until he is full.  And then he comes back for more.  That is a wonderful thing.  There can be no giving without taking.  
A man has a clear knowledge of what it is to be himself.  There are certain things he has to do and there are lines he will never cross.  A woman is all over the place. She will cross all the lines.  And with a smile on her face.  It is okay and it is accepted.  There is freedom in that.  
I like the contrast between men and women-I like mens strong physiques - and all men have them.  I like that they can be SO STRONG and then so gentle.  Women are gentle even in their strength.
I like being a woman but sometimes I would like to be a man.

© 2012 mary mary quite contrary


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on August 23, 2012
Last Updated on August 28, 2012
Tags: women, men, comparison

Author

mary mary quite contrary
mary mary quite contrary

San Francisco, CA



About
Just somebody who is trying to become a better writer. more..

Writing