Dawn

Dawn

A Story by MattW
"

I really don't know where i get this stuff from.

"

Chapter One:  Dawn

 

        The boy sat in his car, absentmindedly tapping the window with his fingers and staring sullenly out of the car window as the drab scenery smeared by. His friend sat on the seat next to him; eyes closed, deep in thought.

        The boy smiled as he realized what his friend was most likely thinking about. The love of his life. The boy had no idea how his friend could fall in love. It seemed impossible, to love someone so much.

        He turned back to stare as the trees and houses sped by like a running oil painting.

With a crease on his brow, he wondered; would he ever fall in love? He doubted it. Even if he did, he was sure his feelings wouldn’t be returned.

        After all, why would someone love him? Average looking, with brown hair and hazel eyes, lanky, uncoordinated frame. Good grades, but didn’t try hard enough. Awkward way of talking, shuffling walk and weird smiles.

        There was absolutely no reason for someone to love him.

        He was snapped out of his reverie as they pulled into the broken up drive flanked by huge palm trees. He stared with no interest at the pretty houses which flashed by. He had developed a skill over the years; the ability to shut himself out of the world. He put it to good use now. 

        His mother decelerated as they came to the end of the road. They crawled down the driveway slower than he thought was possible. The ancient Mitsubishi squealed in protest as the car came to a full stop.

        He opened the door with a dull click and stepped out unenthusiastically. Shuffling in the awkward way only he could, he walked up to the front door with his friend by his side. He pulled his vest a little tighter around himself and reached a hand to grasp the cold brass doorknob.


© 2009 MattW


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on March 15, 2009

Author

MattW
MattW

Hamilton, Bermuda



Writing
Forever.....? Forever.....?

A Poem by MattW


Love I Love I

A Story by MattW


Faces Faces

A Poem by MattW