The Bong Connection.

The Bong Connection.

A Story by Mayur Sadhu
"

A true life incident of me. :)

"

Being a bong, the most anticipated festival of the year, the Durga Puja, was hanging round the corner, and just like any other bong girls, Amy was too busy in the pre-puja marketing.

Why do girls like shopping so much? I used to wonder this question, whenever she blabbered about her dresses, her brands, her selected outlets, and blah blah blah.

Our relationship has completed three successful months, which was for me, a colossal achievement. I don't know why, but I used to enjoy the feeling, whenever she reminded about the age of our relationship, my first one. By far, I was successful in hiding my relationship from everyone, my friends, and my family.

The aroma of shuili flower, the smell of new dresses, and the view of lovely couples wrapped up in their best dresses visiting the pandals, had a trickling effect on me. It reminded me, more of Amy. The beats of dholaks, the merry clinging sounds of temple bells, showed the devotions of bongs in the Durga Puja.

"I will be along with my mom. So, don't dare to come near Me.", she warned me, on phone.

When it came to parents, I was very eager to meet her mother, coz of the way she described her mom - the best mom in a good situation, but a witch in the worst situation. I feared her dad, after that speeding incident, with a fear that her dad might remember my face. She had always told me that her father had a sharp memory, and could easily identify anyone from a crowd.

"But why? I would like to meet your mom. After all you have told me, so much about her!", I said.

"Nah! As of now, there's no need of meeting her.", she said.

Who can argue with a girl? It takes a great audacity to make a girl agree with you, but when there's a girl like Amy, you stood no chance to make her move from her point.

"Okay okay. But when are you going to meet me?", I asked.

It was the mahasaptami, the second day of the Durga Puja. I did not wanted to let a day of this puja go, without meeting her. I wanted to make this Durga Puja, the most memorable days of my life.

"In the evening, meet me near the pandal of my pol.", she said.

"And in the morning?"

"Sorry baby, I am with my mom. I can't help it. Even I wanted to spend the puja with you, but I have a family, and moreover I am a girl."

I loved the way she called me baby, though the perfect noun, suited her the most.

"Oh!", I said in a sadistic tone, then again added "but I will follow you, wherever you go!"

"Okay. But don't come near me and my mom.", she said.

"Yeah sure."

"Okay bye. Love you. And by the way, I am wearing a saree!"

"Wowwwww... Something is going to happen then. Bye... Love you.", I said and disconnected the line.

I called up Snehansu, to ask about his plans and whereabouts, as I wanted someone to accompany me during the follow, but as I thought of - he was busy with his girlfriend. He was going to Kolkata with his girlfriend. Both, his and his girlfriend's family, knew about their relationship, and they didn't bothered much. Why couldn't I meet my girlfriend, with her mom, on such a pious time?

 

I'll be there at Ulhass crossroads by 12!

Amy texted me.

As she had promised, she kept me updated about her location, each time she changed from one place to another. It helped me to follow her easily.

I had lagged down from her car's journey, coz of some traffic jams.

I can see you!

I texted her back, just when I saw her from a distance. Though I was facing her back, I could easily recognize her, from any angle, credits to her unique baby-like figure and knee-length hairs.

Where are you?

She texted me back. I wanted to call her. When you are truly in love, the SMS conversations would not please you as much, as the phone conversations. I called her a couple of times, but she had disconnected it every time.

I concentrated on my SMS conversation with Amy as I walked into the pandal, with my eyes glued on my phone, rather than on my steps and path. I had taken a few steps forwards, than I hit someone, some girl or lady, coz the bangles hit me hard on my nose.

“What the f….”, I exclaimed, still eying on the phone.

"Can't you see and walk?", a lady's voice came out, in an angry mood.

I raised my head to have a view of the lady. F**k. Wrong person, at the wrong time, in a wrong way. The person on whom I had hurled myself onto was Amy's mom, and she was standing next to her, holding her hand.

I froze. I couldn't speak out any words. Even an apology seemed to be the toughest words coming out of my vocal cords. I glanced at Amy. She was too shocked. She too starred at me, with a what-the-hell-are-you-doing look. I didn't dared to glance at her mom. I had no one by my side, to handle the situation.

"Oh sorry aunty. I'm really sorry.", I quickly apologised to her.

I again glanced at Amy. She was miming me, to get out from there. But I didn't moved. Something stopped me.

"Look and walk!", Amy said, after seeing me not moving from my place.

"I'm sorry. But...", I paused. "I have seen you somewhere... Ummmmm... Did you went to Chakraborty's chemistry classes? Ummm.... Amy, right?", I asked. I had messed up my first interaction with her mom. I have to revive my impression.

She was dumbfounded. I had crossed her sayings. She didn't spoke for a moment.

"Yeah!", she mumbled.

"I'm Mayur. Same batch.", I said with a grin, and shook hands with her.

I could feel the coldness of her hand.

"Oh!", she said with a raised eye brow, still surprised.

"Ah, sorry aunty, I'm really sorry aunty.", I again apologized to her mom. I quickly fell on her feet. These etiquettes really work in tough situations. Ladies, especially aunties melts seeing these respectful etiquettes still embedded in modern teenagers.

"Its okay. You know her?", she said with a smile. My trick worked, as my heart jumped with joy.

"Yeah! We are from the same batch!"

"So, what are you doing now?"

"Aunty, I'm pursuing engineering.", I said, and looked at her, and continued "What about you?"

"I'm studying medical.", she said.

"Oh!... Ok bye.. Happy Durga Puja", I said and looked at her mom "bye aunty.. And sorry."

I faked a phone call, and quickly walked away.

 

"What were you doing there? Do you have any idea what have you said?", she bursted out, as I picked up her call.

Girls have a maniac of freaking out in slightest of situations.

"Nah! I am sorry. But I have to do something after I hit her.", I answered.

"I told you not to come near me. And who told you act as if you know me?"

"Oh!", I laughed, and added "I have already messed up with your dad, so I have to maintain my image to your mom."

"Huh!"

"Did your mom said anything about me?", I asked, eager to know her mom's words.

"Yeah! She was impressed with your falling on her feet act. She said 'these etiquettes are rare in today's childs, and scolded me to do same whenever I meet anyone elder than me!", she said. I could feel her smile, even from the other side of the phone.

"You should!", I mocked.

"Huh! And going by my mom's advice, you should touch my feet, coz I'm elder than you."

"You are a part of me. How can I ignore you."

She giggled, and continued "Ok bye. Mom will be here anytime!"

"Where are you?"

"In the Police Academy Maidan! My mom is busy watching the aarti."

"Oh! You should pray too.", I said.

"Yeah! I do everyday. Ok bye. Mom's coming. Love you."

"Love you too. Bye."

© 2013 Mayur Sadhu


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Being a Bengali myself I can relate flawlessly the essence of Durga Puja the little notions that you have plotted like “Why do girls like shopping so much?” “The aroma of shuili flower, the smell of new dresses, and the view of lovely couples wrapped up in their best dresses visiting the pandals, had a trickling effect on me. It reminded me, more of Amy. The beats of dholaks, the merry clinging sounds of temple bells, showed the devotions of bongs in the Durga Puja.” Revive the feelings completely
But on the contrary the language was way too much colloquial and you did not mention the incident of speeding in front of her father that gave an incomplete look to the story.
But excluding the little stuffs the read was fab!
Good one and humorous too.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Mayur Sadhu

11 Years Ago

Thanks... Happy, that you liked it... :)
Seems appropriate that it was the Durga Puja. She's the only one capable of overcoming chaos.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I loved the Indian styling you have given to this piece....i like it...good:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mayur Sadhu

11 Years Ago

Thanks.... :)
ganga ramesh

11 Years Ago

welcome:)
enjoyable piece

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mayur Sadhu

11 Years Ago

Thanks... :)
Devanshu Rajput

11 Years Ago

welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
4 Reviews
Added on March 26, 2013
Last Updated on March 26, 2013
Tags: durga puja, love, true story, fear

Author

Mayur Sadhu
Mayur Sadhu

Burdwan, Hinduism, India



About
Myself Mayur Sadhu, more likely Mayur aka Rimo, as my friends prefer to call me. By profession I am no one, but by a person I am an engineering student. Love today like you will die tomorrow... more..

Writing
Fail Story Fail Story

A Story by Mayur Sadhu


Rain Rain

A Story by Mayur Sadhu


Last Night Last Night

A Story by Mayur Sadhu