Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amy Wagner
"

Demons. Blood. Exhaustion. Pain. Was all I thought as I ran down the corridor of an old chapel, the colors of the depressing place filled the air...

"
Chapter 1

         
    Demons. Blood. Exhaustion. Pain. Was all I thought as I ran down the corridor of an old chapel, the colors of the depressing place filled the air. Blood splayed across my bruised face, but I still ran as fast as I could. A large room with light pouring out into the hallway caught my eye as I stopped to catch a brief gasp of air. I ran toward it as fast as I could, the hallway had the scent of blood and dirt and the scent grew stronger and stronger with every pace I made toward the light.  
    Bursting in the room I caught a glimpse of a dark figure. I hit the button on my bracelet, making a sword appear in my hand. The creature turned to me its face was a dark shade of black and it didn’t have a nose or eyes. It opened its ungodly mouth, the sound it made was like a buzzer--I jumped up gasping for breath my short light brown hair was stuck to my sweaty neck. I hit the alarm clock as I fell back on my bed and looked at the ceiling. “Last day of school” I thought to myself “I’ve got to get up” I swung my legs over my lumpy bed to see that my roommate, Rayne, was already out of bed.
     I turned to look at the depressing dorm one last time. On Rayne’s side of the room it was clean, the walls where colored with light blue with white spots here and there to express clouds. However on my side the walls where a depressing shade of dark gray, and nothing more. I got out of bed and walked to the closet, the doors creaked as I opened them. “black, or gray?” I asked myself, and grabbed the first black tank top I saw, and a pair of baggy black jeans. I slipped my outfit on and went to my mirror, combed through my hair a little bit and yanked it up into a ponytail. Then put dark eyeliner on, and a little lip gloss to cover my pale lips. I shot a glance over at the clock, then grabbed my black leather jacket and slipped it on, then I slipped on my black boots.
    “Come on Lex, we’re going to be late for first!” yelled my room mate from across the room. I sighed as she yanked my arm out of the room, toward our first period. She finally let go when she saw her friends, then left to go hang out with them.
    I walked into my first period and sat down on one of the back desks. The class room was a light brown color and had designs of what we call demon circles. Demon circles are shapes mostly in a circle that protect anyone who is by or in one from demons. A loud ring broke my train of thought. Everyone piled in class, and sat down being as completely loud as god made possible.
    “quiet down class” said Mrs. Joe setting her books down on her desk. She was wearing a black skirt and a red turtle neck top, her long red hair was up in a messed up bun. “get out your books and open to chapter seven then begin reading and answering the questions.”
    “oh come on” just about every kid in class said, except me,
    “it’s the last day of school, and your going to make us do work?” said one of the kids standing up.   
    “yes now get to work”, said Mrs. Joe, everyone sighed and got out their books, well except for me. Mrs. Joe walked up to me and crossed her arms, “is there a certain reason your not doing your work, Mrs. Nash?” I looked up to her and said
    “Well actually yes, I’d rather not waist my personal time doing work on the last day of school for the teacher I hate the most” I said not changing my facial expression,
“leave my classroom now” she said and everyone turned to see her pointing to the door.
“my pleasure” I said standing up leaving the class; I dropped my hands into my pockets and started walking down the hall. I ended up finding myself outside, I mean you’d think in a world this big they’d pick another place to put the school other then the woods. But that’s ok, it gives me a place to go whenever I get kicked out of class, which is more often then you’d think.
    Just then I heard something in the distance, It came from over by a large tree, one of many. A boy with spiky black hair wearing a black button up shirt and black pants stumbled out of the brush. “Demon!” I thought hitting the button on my bracelet, making my sword appear, I lunged toward him; I stopped and looked back to my empty hand, my sword was gone. I looked back to the boy and stumbled back to see that he was now right in front of me. I tried to kick him but he vanished, I looked around for a brief second and saw a glimpse of him behind me I threw my elbow back hoping to hit his face, but he grabbed my arm, I tried again with my other hand but he grabbed it as well.
    “I like ’em feisty” he said in a deep voice, moving his lips right by my ear.
    “then your going to love me” I said throwing a leg up to hit him in his “man spot”, but he vanished again and this time in front of me I tried to punch him but he grabbed my arm yet again. I moved my able arm to punch his stomach but again he grabbed it, I had never seen anyone so fast.
    “what’s a pretty little girl like you doing out in the woods alone? Its dangerous” he said with a grin inches away from my face,
    “I was about to tell you the same thing” I said with a serious face, he moved closer almost as to kiss me. His black eyes locked on mine and for one moment I thought he wasn’t a demon but I knew better.
    “man, I cant wait to see you again” then he was gone. I stud there just for a moment before I continued walking again. As I walked deeper and deeper into the forest. I heard the slight trickle of water, as I followed the noise it became prodigious. A few more steps and I was an inch away from falling off a cliff to the gagged rocks, and rapids below.


© 2010 Amy Wagner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really interesting. I'd really like to see more. If this was something I read browsing through a book store I'd definitely buy it.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
1 Review
Added on January 28, 2010
Last Updated on January 28, 2010


Author

Amy Wagner
Amy Wagner

chimita, espanola, NM



About
hey im Amy, I have another one of these but becuz I'm dumb like that i forgot my username, and password. so yeah i'm going to post all my stories and poems on this new one hopefully i can remember it... more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Amy Wagner