00.

00.

A Chapter by Ardeth Lane

It’s not that he doesn’t like the sunshine. No, that’s definitely not the reason that he’s standing by the house simply lingering in the shadow. And don’t take the blank expression on his face as a cue to think he’s mentally monotone. Because that’s just the way his face is. His skin isn’t paper white because he’s anti-sun either. He loves the sun; he’s just not allowed to be in it. His hair may be white, but he’s not even twenty years of age.  His eyes may have been vibrant green at one point, but now they are a light silvery color. Though his face is still his own, his will is broken. Spirit crushed. He, like the many others like him, is a servant. He is a servant in a household, which is not his. The adults are neither his parents, nor the children his brothers and sisters. He is alone. However he is not allowed to feel scared.

He is not allowed to feel anything at all.



© 2011 Ardeth Lane


Author's Note

Ardeth Lane
Chapter Zero. (Prologue)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great opening. I want to learn more about this character.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this opening. The general statement is intriguing and it engages the reader. In the first line I think you meant 'definitely' not 'defiantly'. Minor error though. Very dehumanizing, the way you've put this. Very interesting. I'll look forward to more from this piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011
Tags: Chapter Zero, double zero, I'll figure this part out later, Prologue


Author

Ardeth Lane
Ardeth Lane

Germany



Writing
Ch. 1 Ch. 1

A Chapter by Ardeth Lane


Ch. 2 Ch. 2

A Chapter by Ardeth Lane


Ch. 3 Ch. 3

A Chapter by Ardeth Lane