turn(ing)  chapter 11

turn(ing) chapter 11

A Chapter by mark
"

Laura knows to get her 2 babies to safety, safe from the biggest most destructive tornado to ever be recorded. Soon Laura realizes that the tornado is not the only thing threatening her babies safety

"
pg 132
Come on baby, Come On, laura yelled. Lincoln hurry up. They say its big.  Momma, the candles, Don't worry there are plenty in the cellar. Suddenly a horrifying sound erupts as grandmas puget rocker flew thru what was the picture window onto the living room floor.  Children laura  again shouted lets go NOW.  With that Laura and her 2 children 6 year old karri and  7 year old Lincoln sprinted out the the kitchen door onto the back porch heading to the only place where they would feel safe, the storm cellar. the weather  advisory was blasting on the radio that this was the biggest,largest, twister ever. It had already tore threw and destroyed every town that laid in its path.  laura new she needed to get her children to safety, if that was what it was called. She hated that storm cellar, it was to cold,to damp and dark. Everyday laura would get up to do the days chores,which meant always passing the storm cellar which in turn always made her feel a  bit uneasy. Laura came to high drifts farm from North Dakota. she had befriended a farmers widow, Charlotte who convinced Laura to come out to the farm and lend her a hand. She was very sweet and Laura agreed.  Laura did not much like the chores but she sure did like living in Texas. And the farm, she loved it so much, so open so much life, the energy was amazing and so was Charlottes 2 children who at the time were 1 and 2 respectively.  500 acres of pristine beauty reawakened Laura when she arrived five years ago.
pg 133
Peaceful nights and days 


© 2014 mark


Author's Note

mark
more pages to come

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on January 19, 2014
Last Updated on January 19, 2014


Author

mark
mark

san diego, CA



About
Never wanting to stay in one place for very long. I yearned for more and more each day. I have always looked to find new adventures and to grasp the concerns, worries and emotions from all those I ha.. more..

Writing
Eaters of flesh Eaters of flesh

A Book by mark


Babies Babies

A Story by mark


my life my life

A Poem by mark





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5