First impressions

First impressions

A Chapter by Megan123

Her eyes used to be so sharp and full of life, like an autumn breeze that blew the newly turned brown leaves from even the tallest trees. We spent hours walking in the country side, laughing, we were happy. When she smiled the world lit up like spring was here once again. When I look at her now I see everything, my past, my present and my ever shortening future are all within this one woman, my true love.

I remember our earliest memories together clearer than what I had for supper last night. I remember the first time we met; we were only mere children then. She was sat under the shelter at the train station in her favourite red dress, with a brown suitcase adorned with ribbon and pictures. She was a traveler; she had a need for adventure, which was the first thing I noticed. The second thing I my gaze fell upon was the small puppy curled at her feet, her coat looked as fresh as the winter’s snow. As I approached she slowly raised her head as if warning me to not come to close. I looked around the shabby station wondering whether the train would arrive on time today, I thought not but maybe this time it would not be a bad thing.

“Excuse me sir” said the lady dressed in the red, spotted dress.

I turned to acknowledge her “you wouldn’t possibly be able to tell me what that time is, would you? I’m always forgetting my watch; it’s such a silly thing I know.”

Her voice sounded like the ocean on a summer’s day, so playful and content with what life had brought to her and that was the third thing I noticed about my one true love.

The train smoothly pulled up to the platform and the carriage doors opened, i offered to assist her from the platform up the steps but, of course, she refused. After her up jumped the little pup, then me. I wasn’t sure whether or not to follow her, i didn’t want to come across creepy but thank fully I did.

As I entered her carriage I noticed it was full of empty seats that I could take but i wanted to sit next to her, so I just bit the bullet and went for it praying that she would not find me disturbing in any way. I was so young and confident, when did that all change?

“It wouldn’t be possible for me to sit here would it?” I said gesturing at the empty seat next to her. I could feel my face going bright red.

“Of course” she giggled “here girl!” and the dog immediately found a way to her lap. I placed my shiny, new briefcase down under the battered train seat.



© 2012 Megan123


Author's Note

Megan123
Feedback welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on November 5, 2012
Last Updated on November 5, 2012
Tags: Love, friendship, memorys


Author

Megan123
Megan123

United Kingdom



Writing