Plucked Petals

Plucked Petals

A Poem by Drowning with Stars

She'd dropped the petals one by one, wishing in a hopeful plead.
He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me...?

 

As the last fell, she'd smiled at the beauty scattered at her feet.

He loves me!

 

He'd kissed her in the dim light, and those three words she chose to believe.

He loves me...

 

But now she lays as the petals on the floor.

Just the same, they'd been used as what little they'd been wanted for,

Then cast aside, still all too accurate to the metaphor.

As the silent tears fall, in her mind lives only one terrible thought:

He loves me not.

© 2012 Drowning with Stars


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! So good! I loved the layout - story like rather than in a poem's format! It was so sorrowful after beginning as a cute, childish story. I like that it developed and we were shown the girl's true emotions. Your last verse, oh so flowery. That's my thing in poems!
100!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Just...just...wOw....I could feel the brimming happiness and then the draining sadness from the poem. A very vivid picture came to mind upon reading it as well. Amazingly done, and had such a nice flow.

Posted 11 Years Ago


An amazing read. The contest was hard to decide all around, but when I read this poem I knew it was the winner. Really great on all boards, I loved it. Great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Drowning with Stars

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
Wow! So good! I loved the layout - story like rather than in a poem's format! It was so sorrowful after beginning as a cute, childish story. I like that it developed and we were shown the girl's true emotions. Your last verse, oh so flowery. That's my thing in poems!
100!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An exquisitly written emotional poem, in the first line of the last stanza the wording is a bit tricky and you may want to change it to "But now as she lays the petals on the floor" but that is an authors choice :) Nice flow and great word choices. Exceptional poetry.

Posted 11 Years Ago


deep and wonderful

Posted 11 Years Ago


I loved the last stanza, this is wonderful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh that's so sad. A wonderful metaphor there, sad though. I loved the idea of the petals. "He loves me not." A great way to end.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amazing poem.
It has such depth and one can actually visualize the entire situation.
It strikes a chord instantly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh...that's too bad. Petals and tears falling, meaning two different things.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Short, sweet, direct, and filled with depth! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

480 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 11, 2012
Last Updated on March 25, 2012

Author

Drowning with Stars
Drowning with Stars

TX



About
What I love about poetry is that it's completely personal. Not only to the writer, but the same poem also means something a little different to every single reader, the same way a song is different to.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Addiction My Addiction

A Poem by Tasha