A Weekend to Relive

A Weekend to Relive

A Story by Daniel_Puyda_2704

3 days. That’s all I had with her.

 

Before the questions, come rolling in, she and I are a long distance relationship. I love her very much. So make no mistake when you think about that. She is my angel and my Heaven. The sun in my sky and the moonlight I sleep to. The love of my life and the keeper of my heart.

 

Well there I was, in the car with my family, going all the way to where she lived. All I could think about was how the night would go down. Would she like me or hate me; would she smile or turn away; would she hug me, kiss me, what would happen? As the minutes went by, and as the countdown to our meeting came to an end, the more pessimistic I became and the fear began to envelope me; suffocate me like a plastic bag pulled over my face. As I waited for her in front of that movie theater where we said we’d meet, my heart began to race and my blood began to boil.

 

I wasn’t going to move. I wasn’t going to run. I had to see her and meet her. I had to see her for myself. Then… from across the street… there she was. Walking towards me in a simple outfit: blue jeans, a T-shirt and a sweatshirt: simple. But she was an angel in my eyes. I walked to her, greeted her, and hugged her. She was warm. I felt like a little boy wrapped in my favorite blanket; one that made the terrible things in the dark go away. Nothing else in the world had mattered. My heart stopped racing, my blood cooled and I begged myself to cry. I wanted to cry at how far we had come.

 

7 months ago, I met her. She was a good friend. I knew I’d fall for her. But her heart had been given to someone else. For over half a year I had been patient. And when her heart had shattered, I had been her rock and tried to be her pillar of strength. My patience, my love and my prayers had paid off. Days and a few heart to heart talks later, I gave her my heart and she accepted it and gave me hers. Since then… things had been wonderful and… pardon the cliché, but magical. They were the best days of my life. And for the next while, I had looked forward to seeing her in person. While we stayed with my grandmother, I found my way to woman I loved.

 

7 months, a mountain of fights and a river of tears; that’s how far we came.

 

And it all came together when we kissed that night. Her soft lips… I cry to how they made my heart sink. How I longed for more. And so we kissed some more, and then we decided we could kiss again as soon as we could take a breather. ^_^ She briefly met my folks, and we saw “Watchmen.” Two and a half hours of a movie, half of that time was spent with her snuggled against my arm and me placing kisses upon her lips.

 

If you are a man, never take a woman’s kiss for granted. If it isn’t the only real thing you feel, you don’t deserve the woman you are with.

 

And if you are a woman, you kiss your man. You remind him why he loves you and start a fire that no amount of water can extinguish.

 

I loved her so much. When the movie ended… we went to her car and that is where the magic became serious. I made love to her in that back of that car. It wasn’t a romantic spot for it, but it was where it happened and it was where I knew I couldn’t possibly accept my life if she wasn’t a part of it. We were on the moon, floating with stars. We were swept by a current that took us to places that no car or plane could drive or fly us. The Universe existed only for this moment. It was all that made sense and what I had lived for.

 

The night had ended. But that was not the end of the story. Another day had begun and this time, a new adventure… my family (cue dramatic music). ^_^

 

My parents and grandmother had accepted her, and we sat on my grandmother’s couch to watch, “Fargo.” We cuddled together, and we laughed together. I wanted her to love this movie. Before we finished it, we sat to eat dinner together. First that salad, when she accidentally drenched hers in ranch dressing. I felt a… mix of emotions. I felt pride that my family and I got along so well to laugh. But I also felt bad that we couldn’t include her in many of the conversations we had. It wasn’t the worst thing to happen. She still laughed with us, and when we finished dinner, we still cuddled and loved each other. And once the movie was done, we left my family behind once more and found a place to make love again. This night was even more intense than the previous night. I was only more in love with her. And the intensity grew as the time went by.

 

But as the night came to a close, we knew we only had a few more hours with each other before I had to leave her in the morning to go back home. Tears came down, and a desperate desire for time to stand still and for us to stay together… it was a hard night. We parted ways and though it took me only a couple hours to fall asleep, it felt like a dozen lifetimes had passed.

 

When the morning came, and she arrived to say goodbye, I held her hand for the few minutes I had left with her. I held her and kissed her, knowing I wouldn’t know the next time I’d see her. I kissed her like I never did before. I loved her like I hadn’t before… but no tears. Only happiness. We knew it wouldn’t be goodbye. Only a couple hundred miles of pavement laid between us. It was only a matter of time before we’d see each other again.

 

This could have been a sad ending. But you know what I think? Yes, it’s a happy ending. Because it wasn’t the ending of a story. Just the end of a really good chapter of a story that no one else will know or care to read. But it is our story. She and I will be together again someday. We didn’t come all this way to have it end because of distance.

 

For those of you who were kind enough to read this story, don’t take romance for granted. If you are in a relationship, fight for it. Don’t let it end because of small difficulties. It’s just a waste of everyone’s time. If you’re married, don’t ever lose that spark that brought you together. If you struggle, struggle together. It is all you will need to keep hope and faith alive.

 

And to my wonderful girlfriend… all I can say is… I hope that you will be there to help me write the story of my life and I will be there to help you write yours.

 

I love you.

© 2009 Daniel_Puyda_2704


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Those nights/days will never be forgotten.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 17, 2009

Author

Daniel_Puyda_2704
Daniel_Puyda_2704

Calabasas, CA



About
Uhh....... I..... write. ^_^ Nah, really though. Since I don't want to put my life story down (feel free to ask, I'm a nice guy... so I'm told) I'll just say bits and pieces. Writing screenplays is m.. more..

Writing