The Plans I Have for You

The Plans I Have for You

A Poem by Meliss@k
"

These are the exact words that I wrote through prayer, as I gave up something beloved, and decided to give God my full attention instead.

"

Here I am, God. Bowing at Your feet. I'm giving It all to You now. Show me how You need me. Show me where to go and what You want me to do. Keep reminding me that You have a plan spread out, perfect, and true. I'm giving You my idols, my heart Is breaking in two. I give You my beloved idols because I want to be in love with You. I pray, I shout, I kneel, I beg. Lord hear my pleading cry. Although my idols are dear to my heart, I will send them up to You. Like the man in the Bible who was willing to sacrifice his son, only because You had commanded him to, I am giving You my most beloved earthly thing, the thing I couldn't live without, and I'm putting my faith in You.

So here I am now. On bent knee now. Praying to see Your face. I know You love me. You died for me, God. You sacrificed Your greatest treasure, and that was no mistake. You gave to me Your beloved son, a proclamation of true love. You gave me your son so that I would know what I must do. My purpose is to show Your love, the perfect love known by few.

I hear Your voice. I see Your hand, I take Your hand into my own. I walk right beside You and close my eyes as I am guided across the path, unknown. I don't know where i'm going, but You have heard my cry. I'm scared, My Father. I'm scared, Dear God. I'm scared of walking through this fog. But You pick up my chin and open my eyes and You tell me "Have No Fear". You squeeze my hand tight, i don't dare close my eyes, and Your deep whisper rumbles in my ear, "the LORD is with you mighty warrior", whom shall be afraid?

Here I am, God. Bowing at Your feet. I am your mold, your clay. Take me. Make me. Sculpt me and roll me. I am here. I am aware, I am part of your fleet. It's never easy, sometimes It's hard, but I remind myself of your perfect ways...

"the grass withers and the flowers fall but the word of our God stands forever".

Lord, only You can take my heart and make it whole, only You can be the mender. So take me now, and push me forward however, whatever, whenever.

My hand is in Yours, I'm going to leap forward, You make anything possible. I love You, Dear God. You are my Father. My Love. The Light, the Truth, and the Way. "For I know the plans I have for you", I hear Your words as I pray.

Amen.

© 2012 Meliss@k


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on November 21, 2012
Last Updated on November 21, 2012
Tags: prayer, love, sacrifice, idols, God, Amen, trust

Author

Meliss@k
Meliss@k

TX



About
I dream of publishing a book of my poems one day. Until then; i'll be riding horses, loving on my dogs, writing poems, painting antlers, and livin' life for Christ. Consider this collection of my w.. more..

Writing
I Hate You I Hate You

A Poem by Meliss@k


Home Home

A Poem by Meliss@k