Make an Effort

Make an Effort

A Story by Meliss@k
"

A story I would like to share, so that you can grow, so that you too can know.

"
Today I was reminded about the three reasons as to why I moved to CS, and I'm thankful that God helped me understand what he was relaying...
By moving to CS I was hoping to be able to live with my best friend -check, get two jobs (or one full time job) -check, and live my life so that I would be a Light for God and impact CS the way that I feel like I impacted Weatherford during my time there... -not check.

God told me tonight that I'm not feeling the "Spiritual High" that I felt in Weatherford (as i'm here in CS) because I'm not trying to Give An Effort for Him. Tonight God reminded me to Give. An. Effort.

Give. An. Effort.
Wow. To hear God tell me that I'm not giving an effort?... hurt, because it's true and hurts me to know that I'm not doing what I was called to come here to do, and scares me a bit because Giving An Effort for God is normally hard, takes more time, and challenges me more than usual throughout all areas of my life... yet on the other hand... I'm excited to realize that GOD and He alone is who reminded me of this ToNiGhT. God speaks to us at the right times. Never will He tell us something at a time that we're not supposed to hear it, and it excites me to know that NOW is my time. God has reminded me NOW, and I must start to give an effort NOW. 

As I was reading through Psalm 37 God literally told me 10 specific things to always remember, but to ESPECIALLY use during this time:
1. (verse 1) "Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong"
2. (verse 3) "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture."
3. (verse 4) "Take delight in the Lord"
4. (verse 5) "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him.."
5. (verse 7) "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways"
6. (verse 8) "Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret- it leads only to evil"
»notice "do not fret" is repeated three times... so it is obviously something important that God is trying to share with me«
7. (verse 27) "Turn from evil and do good"
8. (verse 34) "Hope in the Lord and keep his way"
9. (verse 37) "Consider the blameless, observe the upright"

And although 9 straight commands seems a bit intimidating, knowing that we are not perfect and will probably fail at at least one (if not all) of these commands, God reassures us ("do not fret") that as long as we are living our lives through him and Giving An Effort for him, we will be helped and delivered. 

10. (verse 40) 
*the last verse... and I assume that since it's last it's probably something very important for us to remember* 
"The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him."
My favorite part about that verse?: "BECAUSE they take refuge in him".... 
Meaning- because I put my life in Gods hands, and trust him, and have faith in him, and follow him, HE will save me and deliver me even in my "times of trouble" (verse 39). 

Lord, thank you for reminding me to make an effort for you. I'm so sorry that I have been living my life on the fence... being lukewarm in my relationship as a Christian... and putting myself first in my relationship with you....
Help me to Make An Effort again, and help me to be able to follow your clear instructions that you have given me tonight. Help me to impact CS in a positive way that points every part of me toward you. 
Thank you so much for your grace, Lord, and for teaching me and helping me learn more every day, all while you protect me with your blood and promise me your eternal safety... all because I take refuge in you.

Help me to be a Bright Light.
Amen

© 2013 Meliss@k


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on March 14, 2013
Last Updated on May 6, 2013

Author

Meliss@k
Meliss@k

TX



About
I dream of publishing a book of my poems one day. Until then; i'll be riding horses, loving on my dogs, writing poems, painting antlers, and livin' life for Christ. Consider this collection of my w.. more..

Writing
I Hate You I Hate You

A Poem by Meliss@k


Home Home

A Poem by Meliss@k