Prologue - Extraordinary

Prologue - Extraordinary

A Chapter by Caramel
"

Shadow is probably my favourite character... Image is him, made on Lunaii Dollmaker. It helps me visualise him.

"

If you had walked into Mortelnie Cliffs, a town on the South coast of England, you would’ve thought it a very ordinary sea-side town. The people who live there are quiet and unobservant, they do not notice much or try to change anything.

          Ordinary.

          It was quite a popular place in the summer. The town offered a calm blur of warm, peaceful days to those who came. The busy city folks would come every year as an escape from their hectic lives, so it would be quite ordinary to see a few tourists here about when the weather was good.

          Ordinary.

          It was how it was and how it would always be; ordinary people, with ordinary lives, who would walk down an ordinary high street to meet other ordinary people.

          Ordinary.

          If you had taken a stroll down this high street, like every other ordinary person, and looked very very closely, you would’ve seen a very strange little boy. A boy, no more than eight or nine years old, wearing a man-sized blue and white jumper, with unruly curly brown hair and large grey eyes. Then you’ve wondered why it took so much concentration to see such an unordinary child and how you could lose sight of him a few short seconds later.

          That young boy is called Estmund, but he is known only as Shadow by his friends, who will soon be tossed in to a crazy adventure, where extraordinary comes in to play.



© 2011 Caramel


Author's Note

Caramel
Yes I am aware of the over use of ordinary.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 24, 2011


Author

Caramel
Caramel

Portsmouth, United Kingdom



About
Really? Do I have to talk about myself? I tend to ramble a lot... Well... To sum me up in two words: Lazy perfectionist. It's complicated, I know. I haven't always loved writing, I used to hate it, .. more..

Writing