Longing

Longing

A Story by Kezia Isai Delacraux
"

A one-sided very short love story(?) I had written many moons ago. Short, yet thought provoking.

"
She's so beautiful. Since the first time I laid my eyes on her, she gives me goosebumps. There's no one I've ever wanted more than her. Every time we have a conversation, it goes so smoothly. It's almost like I've known her since my childhood. The more I spend time with her, she just keeps getting more and more closer to perfect. But... Something seems a bit off. No matter how much time I spend with her, and no matter how much I try to keep approaching her, she keeps pushing me away. Not really in a literal sense, but more in a figurative way.
It's that look in her eyes. She always seems like she's daydreaming. But whenever I look into those beautiful eyes of hers, she's not daydreaming. Those lonely and cold eyes, they're searching for something. Something that's very far, maybe even light years away from here. It's not something, but it's somebody... It IS a somebody isn't it? It's like she's trying to search for somebody out there, but doesn't even know where to begin. Whenever I call out to her whenever she's having these moments, she snaps out of it like she was just simply daydreaming. I tell her while laughing, "Hey, you're daydreaming again!" She looks at me with those deep azure eyes and says, "Sorry, I just have a lot of things on my mind." like she always says. I've been longing for her ever since the first time I laid eyes on her, and she's right in front of me. But it seems that she's been longing for someone else, and he's galaxies away from where we stand. And that automatically makes me something not worth even looking at. I confessed to her and cried in front of her while we were walking home today. God, I was so embarrassed. She just looked at me and smiled her beautiful smile where her eyes smile with her mouth. The words that left her mouth afterwards made me speechless. "I'm sorry I can't acknowledge your feelings. But I really don't think I'm the one for you. I've always been fond of you, but if you were with me, I'd just end up hurting you, and I can't have that. You mean too much to me."
------
It's been years since I last saw her, but she still hasn't even left my mind once since then.. She's invited her closest friends to a get-together. I hesitated at first, but just to see her again was worth it for me. It's that look in her eyes. When she's with him, they're shining so brightly. She finally found him, and he's right in front of her and me. But this time, we're not together. Not in the literal sense, but figuratively. The space between me and her was a table that seemed to stretch out light years away. She looks at me while I'm staring at the ground and says to me while laughing, "Hey, you're daydreaming!" I tell her in the most light-hearted voice I could muster, "Sorry, I just have a lot of things on my mind." I look at her and thought of the things that she might've been through. She's traveled light years, so far in fact that I can't even see her, even though she's right in front of me. It almost hurts for me to see how happy and content she is. I've been longing for her for such a long time. I'm looking at her, but it feels like she's galaxies away from me. And that automatically makes me something not even worth looking at.

© 2017 Kezia Isai Delacraux


Author's Note

Kezia Isai Delacraux
Please excuse any grammatical errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on July 19, 2017
Last Updated on July 19, 2017
Tags: Short Story, Romance, Drama

Author

Kezia Isai Delacraux
Kezia Isai Delacraux

Tokyo, Ikebukuro, Japan



About
Just a man who daydreams a little bit too much. I am currently in the process of writing a novel series (five books). I am also currently in the process of writing a single standalone sci-fi novel... more..

Writing