The Unspoken Language

The Unspoken Language

A Story by MetoGenesis

Everything surrounding you is written in English, from the books on the shelf to the posters on the wall. You have communicated in this language for your entire life, yet that is not how you think. They say actions speak louder than words, they are right. You think in actions and words that have lost their ability to be spoken on a human tongue. Only the mental echo can ever hope to bring back these forgotten words. The only issue is that you never learned them. 


They couldn't have just been created on a whim, an undeveloped mind isn't capable of such a thing. No one has spoken these words, your ears would never recognize them anyway. Is there another person, hence another voice, that speaks in this dialect, only for your mind to hear? That is for another more psychological ramble. The mind listening to this aged language is similar to being absorbed by an orchestral refrain. Without a single communicable syllable yet one walks away with a new understanding of life, if only very briefly. Maybe this is just a more fine tuned grasp of thoughts and the way the brain sees and processes these thoughts. 


No matter what the forgotten tongue is or how you have come to know of it, it makes speaking and writing a whole new level of hard. For anyone who knows two languages, even halfway fluently, they can understand the almost physical pain of knowing a word in German, as an example, but not English when writing a timed essay or talking among others. This is the same aggravation that is felt when trying to communicate with this unknown and unspoken language and English. The only real issue is that you can’t really declare this as a reason for an extended writing time, nor can you fully tell anyone what is on your mind and what you are feeling.


No matter how isolating it can make you feel, you know very well that there aren't too many with this gift, if gift is even the right word for such a thing. This inside language can be frightening, frustrating, and a blessing, but nothing will ever surpass its ability to confuse you with your own thoughts.     

© 2015 MetoGenesis


Author's Note

MetoGenesis
Confused yet? Think I'm a loon? Good, any prompt suggestions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on November 8, 2015
Last Updated on November 8, 2015

Author

MetoGenesis
MetoGenesis

New York, NY



Writing