My Sexuality

My Sexuality

A Poem by Chelle H
"

I wrote this when I was 15, and I think it has a nice message. You are loved, always

"

So recently I’ve learned to accept who I am

I’m not some person who’s obsessed with men 

Or boys, or guys, or any of the sort

Because I’ve found another kind of group I enjoy

In case you’re wondering, girls are the reason 

For my recent discovery in self and feeling

And I’ve decided to live how I want

No more hiding or putting up a front

So this is me expressing myself

Showing the world I can and will be myself

Maybe you don’t have attraction at all 

And that’s okay too, just don’t put up a wall

Let people know and get the support

I promise there’s plenty behind the judging looks

Please care for yourself before all those other faces

And always remember there is light in the darkest of places

© 2024 Chelle H


Author's Note

Chelle H
just a sweet expression of realizing who I am

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is a freedom in being comfort in your own skin whatever that maybe. I have a policy in my life: if people are good to me I will be good to them and please don’t expect me to be like you, for I am who I am

Posted 3 Weeks Ago


I've found lesbians are way easier to talk to. But don't tell guys until you have to, it has to be amusing observing their futile and awkward attempts. Hetero chicks don't fully appreciate how f*****g stupid we are most of the time. Guys are really, really f*****g stupid. Emotionally we are all children until age 35... if we are lucky.

Posted 4 Weeks Ago


This comment has been deleted by this poetry author.
Chelle H

3 Weeks Ago

Woah wtf I'm literally gay remember? Calm down
Davidgeo

3 Weeks Ago

That dude is just a weirdo. Don't pay any mind to nonsense.
I'd like to point out that "obsession" with anyone is dangerous to all concerned and most dangerous to the relationship it rears its ugly head in. A moth is attracted to the flame because of its nature but it usually doesn't end well for the moth. So I think it's good not to be "obsessed". I don't try to "love myself" because I'm always striving to improve my nature even in my seventh decade on this planet. It's more important to me to love others since I'm still working on myself. I don't think kids today spend enough time being kids before the innocence of childhood is lost. My oldest waited until she was thirty to get married so she could enjoy her youth without an anchor tied to her. I think it was a wise decision on her part but everyone has their own choices to make. We don't get to choose for others, not even for our children that we love more than life itself. I only know that we are what we are and who we are regardless of our decisions because we can't remake ourselves in the image of our choosing and those who think they can are only fooling themselves. "Know your own bone, gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it and gnaw at it again." That was the advice of Thoreau. Kant wrote, "Know thyself". But he underlined that knowledge with the duty of morality. The same precept was inscribed on the oracle of Apollo at Delphi in Greece. I wouldn't want myself defined or controlled by one mere aspect of my nature anymore than I would like eating jelly doughnuts as my only food. I might like jelly doughnuts but the singularity of the diet would be sickening and unhealthy. The same applies to any human trait thrust into the spotlight or placed on a slide under the microscope of scrutiny regardless of who wields it. We are more that the total of our parts and appetites. They are part of us but whether we embrace or deny ourselves makes little difference to the final personal cataclysm. Try to be happy because we all die the same death in the end and those who fixate on any singular aspect of life are the same ones prone to personal disillusion and delusion.

Posted 4 Weeks Ago


Love who we are and love whom we love.
Those who are against that are against life.
j.

Posted 1 Month Ago


Enjoyed reading this write. We should always love who we are.

Posted 1 Month Ago


A most enjoyable read. Finally "getting" just who we are is a trick a lot of people never really get down. ~Jim

Posted 1 Month Ago


Accepting yourself and loving yourself are a huge part of finding happiness and love.
💛

Posted 1 Month Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2024
Last Updated on April 3, 2024
Tags: lesbian, sexuality, self-acceptance

Author

Chelle H
Chelle H

About
19 just writing for fun, thought I'd share I don't spend a lot of time editing, I'm not trying to be good, just channel my feelings into writing more..

Writing
Fair Maiden Fair Maiden

A Poem by Chelle H


Recall Recall

A Story by Chelle H


Desire Desire

A Poem by Chelle H



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


One One

A Poem by John the Baptist