Chapter 1: Writer's Block

Chapter 1: Writer's Block

A Chapter by Undying Glory
"

Here's the first chapter! Hope you enjoy!

"
Writer's Block

How difficult is it to compose
A poem, song or prose?
I think I'm prepared
But deep down I'm scared
When all my inspiration starts to close. 
The words stick around in my head,
They keep me awake in my bed. 
I use all of my time
To write what's on my mind
But still more foolish I feel instead. 
I break out in a deep, cold sweat
Like a gambler about to lose a bet, 
It's so hard to explain
I vent all of my pain
That nobody else seems to get. 
"Oh, cheer up!" they say,
"Just relax and it'll go away!"
But my jaded mind won't let me
Nobody will help me
And now my patience is starting to fray. 
My own effort disappoints me so, 
And I wonder, where do I go?
And yet all of me
Can reply definitely
Will I ever stop trying to write? No!
Though writing is so hard, my friend, 
I have to see this through to the end. 
No matter my pain or sorrow
I'll wake up tomorrow
And keep writing all over again. 


© 2018 Undying Glory


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this! Simple! Clean! Efficient!

Sounds just like you (: !!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Amen I get that. I feel that need to write like my need to breathe. It feels like dying when I can't write.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I recommend, never force writing. Find your muse. My muse is song and reading. Sometime, I cannot write. Mind is filled with too much useless things. I enjoyed your thoughts on my favorite subject. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote


Posted 5 Years Ago


you are good in writing limericks it is an interesting piece i should say

Posted 5 Years Ago


Hi, I really enjoy writing limericks myself - but not an expert. You have some great ideas here but you are not quite hitting the spot. Someone called this an extended limerick but a lim' is a self contained 5 line verse. It depends on the witty punch line which is hard to carry over. Also you have a few problems with rhymes. In No2 time and mind don't rhyme, in 4 you should use me twice and in the last, the last line doesn't rhyme. Also you have issues with the number of syllables in each line. A few don't really read properly - if you read them over you'll hear they don't scan quite right. As an example lines 1,2 and 5 might have 7 syllables and lines 3 and 4 will be shorter having 5 syllables each. You can google to check but you can tell if they're OK when you read them.
Getting constructive criticism is better than the usual ''awesome or great' and you don't have to agree but in this case a limerick is a limerick.
Cheers,
Alan

Posted 5 Years Ago


Undying Glory

5 Years Ago

Many thanks for that! Much appreciated. Sorry I could only reply now, exams just finished for me :)
alanwgraham

5 Years Ago

I hope they went well and good luck with writing. What you wrote here is great and the first rule in.. read more
.......you're on to something here, my friend! This is an awesome extended limerick you've written, and it really reads soooo well, and tells a great narrative! You should be careful with some lines that are missing a couple of beats to be smooth, (such as in Stanza 1 Line 2, and Stanza 4 Line 1), but overall, this is utterly fantastic, and I much applaud you on it! Well freaking done!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Wow, this is really well written, and I can really relate to this. I like the rhymes and the content

Posted 5 Years Ago


This is really good. I can definitely relate to it. I think it's one of the things about being a writer, some days you have so many ideas that you don't have enough paper to fill them in. But some days you just go blank.
Good job.

Posted 5 Years Ago


All writers suffer from this at some stage. The harder you try to force the issue, the more difficult it gets. Best to take a break and the muse will find you again, when she is ready. Having said that you have composed this piece well. It is nicely rhymed and flows. Relax and your muse will come back.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2018
Last Updated on May 12, 2018


Author

Undying Glory
Undying Glory

Singapore, Singapore



About
The average guy you'd meet on the street, only with a hidden streak. Or several, for that matter. 24 year old, 4th year medical student, studying in Dundee, Scotland. Never underestimate the pow.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..