Shiraz Bahri

Shiraz Bahri

A Story by miahstr
"

Hey guys! another little preview into what I have been writing for my book. If you read Andy Fletcher first you will have a bit of context for this one.

"

It was Wednesday and the ticking of the clock in his 5th story office could be heard even though it was fixed to the wall on the far end of the room. The view from his office overlooked the University of Arizona campus with an unobstructed view of the Santa Catalina Mountains. He had taken many trips into those mountains. Mt Lemmon was the highest peak and you could easily drive to the top. On the way you would pass large structures that looked like rocks stacked one atop the other. These were known as hoodoos, many a time he had joked to his hiking companions that the origin of the name had been devised when someone may have remarked in regard to the structure  saying “who do that”; from then on he said that the name had stuck. He, however did not know if this was really the case but would insist on it being true anyway.


Shiraz Bahri the philosophy department head at the University of Arizona sat at his desk looking out at the Catalinas. When he noticed a crime alert pop up in his email. The headline read “Sexual-Assault at Hopi” Hopi was a dorm on campus. He decided to click the email when he Immediately recognized a name.

The email read:


“Anita Margrave 19 was sexually assaulted last night on campus. She was taken at gunpoint into her dorm room. The suspect has been identified as 30 yr old Andy Fletcher please consider him both armed and dangerous.”


Shiraz sat there eyes wide. He had kicked Andy out of the Philosophy department 2 years ago after an incident with child porn. Police investigations into Andy had turned up nothing but he had no choice but to kick out the then 28 year old graduate student. Half of the department witnessed the content on his computer during a seminar on providing AI with what amounted to human morality. If he had not kicked Andy out the entire department would have been up in arms over the incident. As Shiraz sat at his desk he could feel a pang of fear. He read the line over again in his head “consider him armed and dangerous.”. If anyone was on Andy’s bad list Shariz Bahri was certainly one of them.

© 2017 miahstr


Author's Note

miahstr
I am looking for reviews that pertain to my writing style. Despite not knowing the context of this particular piece do you like the tone? Are you getting enough information? do you like it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on January 25, 2017
Last Updated on January 25, 2017

Author

miahstr
miahstr

Mesa, AZ



About
I am a ship on a stormy sea being blown every which way. I have set a course but who knows at which shore I will stay. I write in my free time and my ultimate goal is to inspire epiphany an "oh I didn.. more..

Writing
The You The You

A Poem by miahstr


Garen Garen

A Story by miahstr


Both Feet Both Feet

A Poem by miahstr