THE BUS

THE BUS

A Story by MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ
"

Long trip...

"

 

A new and blue sky color bus was going down by the highway that united the suburbs cities with another one very big: Los Angeles.

The bus was almost full; just two of its seats were free.
The driver, a thin man of pale and serious face, with their eyes staring the highway, didn't pay attention to the interesting conversation of his passengers. And neither the revel noise of those from behind. And without any rush, he drove the bus at safe speed.
Suddenly, when the bus turned at a road corner, the driver saw not far ahead a bunch of cars and people blocking part of the road. He, immediately, put on in guard and began to reduce the speed of the bus. Yes, it was an accident. 
When the bus was near to the fatidic place the passenger heard the people's laments and everyone in the bus, curious, paid attention and looked by the windows.
"Poor creatures…"
"It was to protect his pet."
"I swear that I couldn’t do anything. They both entered unexpectedly to the highway, I braked but I couldn’t avoid it."
It was all they got, because cars and people were blocking their view.
The driver of the bus made a slow turn to avoid the tumult at the same time that it satisfied the morbid curiosity of his passengers. The bus advanced some more meters and stopped at the edge of the highway. Then the driver pressed a button located in the control board, between the lighter and the radio, and the hydraulic door of the bus opened up.
There, beside the highway and in front of the open door it was standing a smiling boy, carrying in his arms his pet, a "Chiguagua” dog. The boy got up to the bus and sat down in the free seat, putting to his side, on the other sit, his lovely and unquiet doggy.
"We are complete!" The driver of the blue sky color bus announced closing the door and, increasing the speed, it despairs in the smog of the long highway heading to Los Angeles.  
Copyright, Michaelangelo Barnez, 2009

© 2010 MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks Coyote... You're very kind.
Greetings

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a story I enjoyed reading. Great character and mystery. It would be cool to have a bus to take you to a better place. A outstanding story. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I had to read this twice .. but I think this bus picks up the spirits of the dead. There's been an accident, yet the boy is standing, dog in his arms .. he has to be dead. Then, you write of 'blue sky color bus ' - sort of a heavenly clue .. and i feel that the smog and that bus colour don't belong together .. maybe I'm very wrong.

(Have read the other reviews and others think the same way - maybe I'm right)

Short story but atmospheric



Posted 13 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Dear Sea Girl... I know I got late to thank you for the reading and comment of my tale.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Dear kim... I love your words. Here, there, anywhere...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Dear CassandraDT, thanks for the reading and comment

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yes Ryan... I'm glad you got the meaning of the tale.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hmmm I think I get it, the boy and dog were dead, correct? Anyways, wonderful job, although the concept of death is always a sad one to me. Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dear Lucien... You got that right. The last passengers were the little boy and his Chihuahua pet... They met their destiny on that highway and the bus was right there to take them to Los Angeles.
I know that I could make it easier to understand but I sacrificed word to enjoy it when you discover the meaning of it.
Short stories must spark the full idea at the end.

Posted 14 Years Ago


very nice. I think the bus is getting a bit muddled.
I think (I maybe wrong) but the bus picked up the boy and his dogs spirits right?
if so then you may want to make that a bit more clear to your reader. maybe the line at the end to clear it all up, and give the reader the full story.
(Excellent idea by the way)

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

537 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2009
Last Updated on September 19, 2010

Author

MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ
MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ

Long Beach... and La Molina in Lima-Peru. , CA



About
Michaelangelo Barnez is the pen name of the writer, Miguel Angel Branez, who was born on May 18, 1947, in Lima, Peru. In the early 80's he immigrated with his family to California, and as soon as he .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


MY ONLY MY ONLY

A Poem by fhamie