THE UNFORGETTABLE PARTY

THE UNFORGETTABLE PARTY

A Story by MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ
"

The party that nobody will miss...

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of THE UNFORGETTABLE PARTY .



"Yes, this is a great party and we are the host..." Jim Brown, a strong and mature gentleman, said to himself.

"My God, lot of people had gathered around to welcome us!" He exclaimed in his thoughts while watching the yard from the second floor window of his parents’ house. There were, in the courtyard, many people talking and laughing. They all were relatives and friends.
"As soon as my wife and daughter arrive at we’ll come out to the yard to greet them" Jim said to himself, looking at his watch, who had headed to his family to coordinate the arriving arrangements.
Then he began to recognize everybody and started babbling each one of the attendees’ names, besides the precise relationship that united with them.
"John, Peter, Charles, Mary... -and he stopped to go on mentioning names-… My Goodness!... –he exclaimed-… almost everyone from my school’s Promo is here... and so the teachers!"
"Robert!... My older brother, you don’t know how much I missed you since you left us" Jim whispered watching him at the corner of the yard very busy with the barbecue grill.
He also saw several children who he didn’t recognize, playing in the pool.
Then his eyes sparked. "Beatriz!..." That name came out from his lips abruptly when he saw a beautiful woman, his dream lover from youthness, with whom he would has married if it wouldn’t has been for the circumstances, but he never forgot her.
His parents and his wife’s parents were there also. They were supervising and directing the waiters that everything was in order, as planned. Also, from time to time, they welcomed the newcomers and talk to them briefly until they felt comfortable in the party.
Suddenly his father turned his head and looked at the window of the second floor, exactly where he was watching it, and their eyes met at the distance. It was like a muted sign because Jim felt that his wife and daughter were about to come.
Jim came down the stairs and went to the porch of the house to receive them.
He didn’t have to wait a bit because he saw not faraway a white and radiant limousine coming home, which then it parked just a front the house.
His wife, Sophia, and her daughter, Sophia Beatriz, got off from the limo and as always they amazed to Jim with their beauty and aura of energy. Jim who was smiling and eager to meet them opened his arms.
"They are waiting for us in the yard!" Jim said while was taking both ladies from their waist and the duo started to walk at each sides of him.
"Mom got late in the Beauty shop!" Sophia Beatriz complained and apologized.
The patio’s door got wide open and the happy trio made their triumphal appearance being acclaimed by all.
Yes, there were many people. It would be better say: a crowd; because beside his family and close friends there were also the baker, the milk deliverer, the paperboy, the meat market butcher, the Chinese man from the corner liquor store, many neighbors... Yes, many, many people shearing just an exceptional detail: Everyone looked young and healthy, with no worries that disrupt their smiling faces.
Without a doubt, this would be the unforgettable party of the Brown family, which evens the memory for those who stayed on earth crying, would disrupt the celebrating welcome to his everlasting happiness.

© 2009 MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ




Reviews

There has to be more to come and I hope there will be .. you've set the stage so well .. write quickly, quickly

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 24, 2009
Tags: tale, life, Family, short tale

Author

MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ
MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ

Long Beach... and La Molina in Lima-Peru. , CA



About
Michaelangelo Barnez is the pen name of the writer, Miguel Angel Branez, who was born on May 18, 1947, in Lima, Peru. In the early 80's he immigrated with his family to California, and as soon as he .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..