Lost

Lost

A Poem by Princesstearss
"

Where am I ?

"
1,234. That is the number of times I find myself questioning whether or not I was worth it. 45,643. That is the number of times I cried about it.298734 those are the times my heart felt like it was all the way up in my throat . These are just random numbers you see , but the way I saw it all of these situations took most of me & put my tears in a bottle just to be mocked for eternity. I really think I am okay , or at least I think I am only because I can get through the day. What is lost ? The term I mean , like when you don't know where you're going or you don't know what you've seen? They say cry me a river & so a river hasn't seem to formed but there is the cold of the water that kind of makes you shiver . Finding a place to call home & when you are "lost" that is where you seek. Not functioning lately hours, days,weeks. Many of us are waiting to be found. Like if you'll find your way staying quiet and sound. Someone will come wearing a superhero suit or a crown. But what happens when you are lost on a place of your own, a place that you have examined & lived through & been used to & created into . Those are you're thoughts in your mind . Like who would've thought ? The most scariest place is in my head that is mine. Not only mine but me , and you ever wondered the possibility that WE are so caught up in the place we call "home" that we have became lost in that place of our own. What are you doing ? I don't really know , because making this my problem wasn't a plan to be taken. Like, what are you talking about have you been mistaken, I let it go with the flow , but I have been forsaken in the making. Maybe that is why I am lost , they've taken me as a pearl but I have been under cost. So where am I? At this time ? What have I seen? Where can I find? They're all jumbled in my head the words I said , the words they said . I'm supposed to know but I don't instead. Like some leaf in it's own tree but it's a different color than it's meant to be . And now I wonder if i am that leaf ? Lost in it's own branch , thinking she just can't, tears and a new distant laugh. Mockery or happiness could be either or , lost and not found but me myself can find what I'm looking for .

© 2014 Princesstearss


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmmm poem or short story a great wright though and very provocative :)
A good read and well planned and thanks for sharing :)
-CDB

Posted 9 Years Ago


What an amazing piece of work. Your words are raw, gritty and captivating.
I can tell this came deep from within your soul.
Thank You for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I thought this was really interesting and it made some thoughtful points about home and what it is and also about the mind. I enjoyed reading this.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

601 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 17, 2014
Last Updated on July 18, 2014

Author

Princesstearss
Princesstearss

Fairview , NJ



About
Some of us don't know how to express ourselves with the form of speaking , therefore we write. more..

Writing