The Zombie Dragon Apocalypse

The Zombie Dragon Apocalypse

A Story by MarvelousM
"

During a zombie dragon apocalypse that broke out in Kingston Ontario, one of Michelle's friends suddenly gets bitten by an infected person and reveals that he has crush on her, asking her to him.

"

It all started with an apocalypse. Me, and my friends Evan, Courtney, Caroline and some random kid were hiding in a large RBC bank with our school bags.

A zombie dragon apocalypse broke out in Kingston, due to a few scientists who were trying to bring dragons back into the world by hatching them out of ostrich eggs. But they messed up the serum dose and zombie dragons ended up hatching out of them and started biting people, turning them into their species.

Me and my friends were desperately trying to avoid getting bitten. Unfortunately, an armed police officer who got bitten by a zombie dragon somehow managed to break through the barricaded bank doors and was stalking towards us, with a loaded gun in his hand.

The five of us stayed under the long bank desk, crouched down low out of sight of the officer. The clicks of his boots began to click louder as he slowly approached the bank reception desk, until it stopped completely and an eerie silence hung in the air.

It felt like hours of complete silence went by before I heard the officer's boots start to click away. As I was slowly letting out the breath I was holding in, I heard one of my friends let out a loud sigh that made the officer's clicky boots come to a halt.

Then suddenly the loud banging of a gun flooded my ears, as the officer started to rapidly fire his gun at the bank reception desk. Instinctively, me and my friends broke out from our hiding spots and ran for cover, trying to get as far away from the officer as we could.

When the officer ran out of bullets, he came after us, chasing me, Evan, Courtney, and Caroline through the RBC bank. That's when he attacked. The police officer tackled my friend Evan to the ground, before he sunk his teeth into his wrist.

After he had bitten him, the officer suddenly fled the scene, knowing that he had completed his mission of turning more people into zombie dragons.

Once he left, I immediately rushed to Evan's side and helped him back up to feet, for he was still somewhat in shock of the attack.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I grabbed my friend's hand.

"Yeah, I-I think so,".

I shifted eyes from Evan's face down to the bite wound on his wrist, where blood was starting to trickle out.

"You've been bitten!".

Evan glanced down at his bleeding wrist and as soon as he saw the bite wound, he went pale.

Pulling out a knife from her pocket, my friend Caroline cut a strip of fabric from the new rugby jersey Courtney had gotten a few days ago to wear for the school games.

Taking the strip of fabric from Caroline, I began to wrap Evan's wrist in the fabric when he said the craziest thing to me.

"Michelle, you have to kiss me".

"I have to kiss you?!? Evan, what are you talking about?" I asked, staring at my guy friend in disbelief.

"T-t-the only way for me to be cured from the bite and not turn into a zombie dragon is a kiss from someone that I like," stuttered Evan.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Like as in a friend way or as in a crush way?".

"As in the crush way".

My cheeks suddenly went a blush red.

"Y-you like me in that way?" I asked, as I maintained eye contact with Evan.

He nodded his head.

"Yeah, I um....ever since we met.....I've had a secret crush on you. I wasn't sure how you were going to react once I told you; I was just waiting for the right moment to tell you" confessed Evan, as his cheeks started to go red, feeling a bit embarrassed to tell me about how he felt about me in front of my friends.

"Out of all the past opportunities you had to tell me about your feelings for me in school, you decide to tell me now? In the middle of a damn zombie dragon apocalypse?" I replied, sounding a bit frustrated.

I could tell Evan was ready to defend himself, for he kept his eyes locked on my own and he was bringing himself closer to me.

"Yes! I'm only telling you now because my life as a human is about to be over and I don't think I can live with the regret of not ever telling you that I like you, once I turn into a zombie dragon".

I stared up into Evan's dark brown eyes, taking a moment to soak in his words.

I knew his time was running out. Sooner or later, he's going to transform into a zombie dragon and it will be too late to save him.

I should only kiss him as a friend, nothing more. After all, we've been through 3 years of high school together. Not only that, but I can't imagine what life would be like without him; He's been beside me through my ups and downs.

Evan now stared down at me, looking for an answer from me if I would kiss him or not to cure him.

In one quick motion, I placed my hands on his soft cheeks and pressed my lips up his, closing my eyes as I kissed him.

I could tell he was longing to kiss me, for he let out a soft moan and kissed me back deeply, placing his hands on my slim waist.

Once we broke apart, Evan checked his wrist to see if the bite wound was still there and remarkably, it was gone.

"You're welcome for saving you" I said, gazing up into Evan's eyes, before he smiled warmly back at me.

However, the moment was interrupted by my friend Caroline.

"Michelle, do you realize what that means?".

I turned my head to look at my friend and raised an eyebrow at her.

"That Evan won't turn into a zombie dragon?".

"Since your kiss cured Evan from the bite, it means that you and him are meant to be together".

The end.

Thank you for reading and I hope you've enjoyed reading my story! I originally wrote this short story for a Wattpad story contest. 

© 2023 MarvelousM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on May 4, 2023
Last Updated on May 5, 2023
Tags: #dragons, #sciencefiction, #fiction, #scifi, #romance, #shortstory, #generalfiction, #entertaining, #original, #dreams, #fantasy

Author

MarvelousM
MarvelousM

Kingston, Ontario, Canada



About
Hello, welcome to my profile! I'm a SHS graduate who likes to write fiction, science fiction, fanfiction and romance stories. In my spare time, I like to read, write, draw and take photos. I hope you .. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Story by MarvelousM