Sparks Of Love

Sparks Of Love

A Story by MarvelousM
"

On the lunch break at Manhattan High in the teacher staff room, Miss Rose Sliver learns that her close teacher friend Scott Cashol(who has been best friends with her since grade 9),has a crush on her!

"

"So you're telling me, that he actually let you borrow it?!?"

It's the first week of December and as usual, I sat down at the coffee table in the teacher staff room with some of my other teacher friends I've met in college a few years ago. 

As we ate our lunch's, we were discussing about which is the hottest  male teacher at the school, until the topic got switched to borrowing stuff from them. 

"Yeah, Mr. Cashol is a very nice teacher; I borrow things from him all the time," I said, with a confident smile.

"Really? He always says no whenever I ask to borrow something" replied my friend Megan, who teaches the same subject as me; Science.

"Well maybe it's because you forget to return his and my stuff most of the time" I said, standing up from my seat and started to pack away my empty lunch containers into my lunch bag.

"That's true, I do forget sometimes; But you're the only teacher in the whole school who lets you borrow his things".

"So? It's not a big deal---".

"Rose, this is a BIG deal. He has a crush on you".

As soon as Megan had said this, all of the teachers in the room shot her a shocked look, as if this was a secret that everyone agreed on with Mr. Cashol not to tell me.

"Wait, what?"

All the teacher's gazes shifted to me, to see how I would react to the news.

"Scott Cashol likes me? And all of you knew about this?"

They all slowly nodded their heads silently at me.

"Unbelievable" I mumbled before I finished packing up my lunch bag, placed it under my teacher desk and grabbed my black briefcase.

"Where are you going, Rose?"

"To my science classroom, Meg" I replied, as I walked out of the staff room and into the busy hallway of students.

Wow, I can't believe that he has a crush on me. Scott and I have always been very close friends since the first year of high school together, but I haven't noticed the way he looks at me or realized that he cares deeply for me, I thought, as I walked down the hallway and into my science classroom. 

I set my bag onto the black counter and began to unpack my things.

I am going over to his place tonight, so I could ask him about it then.

(Time skip to Rose and Scott sitting up on the ledge of the flat rooftop of his apartment of that night)

"And then the soda sprayed up into the kid's face!" I said, laughing as I told the funny science experiment story to Scott, who was also laughing too.

For a couple of minutes, we both laughed uncontrollably, without realizing that I rested my head on his left shoulder. 

Still laughing, Scott leaned his head against mine.

After taking a breather, we both watched the snowflakes as they gently fell over Manhattan.

As I watched the snow fall, I could feel the warmth of Scott's breath on the right side of my face, making me realize how close our faces were together. 

We always have these kinds of moments together, but we've never gone any further and made them mean anything.

However, tonight's random romantic moment feels like he's actually making it mean something. 

I looked in the corner of my eye to steal a glimpse of Scott and he caught me. We locked eyes for a moment, before I looked away, blushing as I lifted my head off his shoulder.

"Hey, Rose?"

I turned my head to look at my colleague.

"Yeah, Scott?"

"I've been trying to find the right moment to tell you something important since we graduated high school, But I wanted to tell you when the time was right. I feel like right now is the time and I'm not sure how you will react to it..."

I could tell he's nervous.

I took his trembling hands in mine.

He only gets this nervous when he has big news to share; whether it's good or bad.

"I'm listening"

Scott took a shaky hand and rested his palm on my left cheek, before leaning closer to me.

"Rose, I-I-I like you; I've fallen for you".

As soon as he said that, my cheeks grew hotter, indicating that I liked him too.

He grinned at me, blushing back before he pulled me closer to him by the waist. 

Then he pressed his soft warm lips on mine, warming me up on this chilly night. I closed my eyes and returned the kiss, with my lips moving in unison with his. 

The end. 

I hoped you enjoyed the story!  :)

-MarvelousM

© 2023 MarvelousM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on November 6, 2023
Last Updated on November 6, 2023
Tags: teen, teen fiction, fiction, fictional, fictional characters, love, romance, romantic, a love story, cute, descriptive, enjoyable, exciting, adorable, relationships, loveable, high school, original

Author

MarvelousM
MarvelousM

Kingston, Ontario, Canada



About
Hello, welcome to my profile! I'm a SHS graduate who likes to write fiction, science fiction, fanfiction and romance stories. In my spare time, I like to read, write, draw and take photos. I hope you .. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Story by MarvelousM