The Secret Marriage

The Secret Marriage

A Story by MarvelousM
"

Victoria Morson just recently got married to Mike, who is a teacher at her school. No one knew about their marriage, until a friend catches them making out and tells everyone, including her mom O.O

"

I strode into the grade nine Wood Tech. class, where Mike was waiting for my daily visit. 

"Hey," he greeted me as I was walking up to his island desk.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked, going behind his desk to join him. 

"I'm good. You?". 

Mike leaned his back against the chalkboard. 

"I'm even better, now that I'm with you". 

He leaned forward and grabbed me by my waist, pulling me up to his chest. I put my arms around his neck, pressing myself closer to him until our faces were inches apart.

"How's your classes so far?" I asked, pulling down my blue medical face mask. 

"Honestly, it's a bit stressful," confessed Mike, who also pulled down his face mask. 

I planted a peck of his soft cheek. 

"What's wrong? Are there some students in the class that are not listening to you?". 

He sighed. 

"No, it's not that. I'm trying to find somebody who can fix the 3D printer and I have to order a few more sharp blade tips for the vinyl cutter". 

"Is that all?". 

"Yeah,".

 We both made eye contact for a moment, before kissing each other on the lips.

After parting, Mike smiled warmly at me.

 "One of the best decisions I ever made was marrying you, even though you're not done school yet".

 I grinned back at him. 

"I'm glad I married you too".

 I glanced behind me to make sure we were still alone in the room. 

"I better go before any of your students come in and see us together like this".

 Mike gave me a peck on my forehead.

 "See you at lunch". 

I walked out of the class, hoping that no one saw me making out with my new husband. I went up to the second floor of the high school and sat down in my Art class, before pulling out my supplies out of my bag.

After class, I gathered my things, put them back into my bag and as I was heading out the door, when my friend Ricky caught up with me. 

"Hey, before you go eat lunch with Mr. Morson, can we have a private chat next break?".

 I raised an eyebrow. 

"About what?". 

"About what's been happening between us lately" she said, as we climbed up a mini flight of stairs. 

"Sure, do you want to meet in the cafeteria?". 

"Sure. See you then". 

Ricky veered down into the English hallway, to catch up with her other friends. I went down a flight of stairs to get to the main level. 

I wonder if Ricky has some problems that she needs help sorting out, like when her phone got stolen

I thought, brainstorming different situations she had been in where I had to step in.

I met up with Mike in the cafeteria and together we walked to the Tech. Office to eat lunch. Luckily for us, none of the Tech. teachers apart from Mike use that space because they either eat in their class or go out for lunch. We ate our lunch, sharing with each other about our day so far. 

"Somebody keeps prank calling Mr. Shaw" I said, letting out a chuckle. 

Me and Mike laughed some more, before we started to clean up our table. 

"So Ricky and I are going to have another one of her private talks at third break today" I said, wiping down the table with a Lysol wipe.

 "About what?". 

"I-I-I don't know. She said it's going to be about what's been happening between us".

 We both stepped out of the Tech. Office. 

"Did her phone get stolen again?" he guessed, as I walked with him back to the grade nine Wood Tech. class.

"I don't think so. Whatever she wants to tell me about I'll tell you after school" I said, giving my husband a quick hug. 

"I'll see you later" replied Mike, before winking at me. 

I headed up to my math class on the main floor and sat down beside my friend Michael, who was staring down at his phone. After listening to one of Ms. Plumb's boring math lecture, it was finally time for the chat with Ricky.

 I went down to the cafeteria at third break and met up with Ricky, eager to know why she wanted to have a chat with me. We both stood in a corner of the cafeteria, facing one another. 

"I've noticed that you and Mr. Morson are close", she started, looking at me with a frown.

"We're just close friends. So what is it you wanted to talk to me about?" I asked, cutting to the point. 

"Well, I wanted to chat to you about Mr. Morson". 

"There is nothing to talk about; Him and I are close friends". 

"Really? Because I walked by the Wood Tech classroom yesterday and I saw you kissing him. He had his arms around your waist and you had your hands on his chest. I believe it is something we need to discuss".

 I stared at Ricky in shock. 

Is Ricky the only one who saw us? Or did more people see that? Not only that, but much did she see?

"Do you have an explanation for that? Or is it just another of those secrets you tell everyone but me?" asked Ricky, putting her hands on her hips.

 "Oh, Ricky. I'm so, so sorry. I should've told you about him and I" I sighed.

 She snorted rudely.

"Does anyone else know about this?".

 I shook my head. 

"No, just you". 

Ricky dropped her arms by her side. 

"I can't believe your boyfriend is a teacher. Now I'm the only single one in our friend group". 

I gave her a nervous look. 

"Th-there's something else I think you should know about". 

I took my friend's hand and pulled her into Mr. Richard's empty office with me and closed the door. 

"Please don't freak out. But Mr. Morson and I are....married". 

Ricky's eyes became as big as baseballs.

 "YOU'RE MARRIED!?!?!?! Where and when did you get married?" she shouted loudly. 

"Calm down Ricky. I got married at my house just before summer break". 

"And you didn't invite me?". 

"I would have if we weren't in lockdown".

 I opened my arms to try to give her a hug to comfort her, but she turned away from me.

"Get away from me, you b*****d! I can't believe you didn't tell me that you got married!". 

Tears were streaming down her face. 

"We used to tell each other everything, but now I feel like I don't even know you anymore".

 Ricky swung open the door and stomped through the cafeteria, quickening her pace with every step. I stepped out of the office, closed the door and walked back to my math class.

Guilt flooded through my head. 

I should've told her about it. Now she's going to tell EVERYONE I know. 

I plopped down in my chair. Then I realized; Ricky might even tell my parents, and they don't even know that I'm married to a teacher. During the second lockdown, my parents got stuck in Nashville, Tennessee and I thought it was a good idea (at the time) to get married. My phone suddenly vibrated . I turned on the screen and saw that I got a text message from my mom.

I heard that you're in a relationship; Is this true? If so, bring your boyfriend over for dinner tonight; We're having spaghetti.

I turned off my phone and set it on the table in front of me. 

That's just great; I already have dinner plans with Mike. 

After math class, I quickly walked down to the woodshop class, with my coat on and my black bag on my back. I stepped into the classroom and found Mike gathering up his things. 

"Hey, how did the chat go, Victoria?". 

I let out a loud sigh. 

"It was terrible; Ricky saw us kissing yesterday and I had to explain to her that we're married. She freaked out and now she's telling everyone about it". 

Mike wrapped his arms around me, trying to comfort me.

"Don't worry; I'll sort things out with her tomorrow. Everything is going to be okay" he said softly. I met my eyes with his. 

"Are you sure? Because I got a text message from my mother telling me to bring you over for dinner tonight".

 I buried my face in his right shoulder, with my tears soaking his warm fuzzy striped sweater. 

"Mmm--mmm---mm--mmm--mmmmf". 

"Pardon?".

 I lifted my head and looked back up at him. 

"I said I thought marriage was supposed to be a good thing".

 Another wave of tears came down my face.

 "It is a good thing; We're just in a tangled mess right now. But I promise that things will be better once we get out of it" replied Mike, reassuring me with a kiss on my cheek.

"I would stand here with you all day, but we've got to go home and get ready".

 Mike let go of me and finished gathering his stuff together, before grabbing his keys and locking up the classroom for the night. We walked together to our red SUV ford explorer, that was parked right across from the high school in the teacher's parking lot. Mike put his briefcase in the back passenger seat and slid into the driver's seat. 

"Have you ordered the t-shirts for your Communications Technology class yet?" I asked, putting on my seatbelt.

 "Yeah, I bought a bunch from Michaels". 

Mike pressed the start button and the vehicle roared to life, before driving out onto the busy road.

The End. 

Thank you for reading and I hoped you  enjoyed my story! :)

-MarvelousM

© 2023 MarvelousM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Author

MarvelousM
MarvelousM

Kingston, Ontario, Canada



About
Hello, welcome to my profile! I'm a SHS graduate who likes to write fiction, science fiction, fanfiction and romance stories. In my spare time, I like to read, write, draw and take photos. I hope you .. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Story by MarvelousM