Falling Leaves

Falling Leaves

A Story by MarvelousM
"

*This story was for Polar Expressions Publishing 2019-2020 contest and I received a certificate* Teenager Leah arrives at her school for a class trip and is excited, until a friend made other plans...

"

I looked outside to see the mess of the rain. Another day of school that's in the rain, I thought.

I grabbed my suitcase and left my house. I opened my umbrella and ran towards the school. My English teacher is taking us on a trip to Ottawa to see the nature museum. Also my English teacher plans to make us write an essay on what we saw at the museum. I am quite excited for the trip, but not the essay.

 I wonder what's at the museum? 

I reached my high school. I ducked inside and pulled my umbrella close as I entered the foyer. I looked around. There were blobs of people in the foyer. I couldn't see a single friend in the area. With a frown, I stood by the door, waiting to go on the bus. I have my ride to Ottawa all planned out. I'm gonna sleep all the way there and on the way back, while listening to music on my phone. 

"Hey Leah, Over here" shouted Rachel. 

With a shock, I look up and see Rachel waving at me. I smiled, rolled my eyes and ran to join my group of friends.

 "Are any of you sitting together?" I asked.

 "Actually, about that "started Hannah. 

"The bus that we have for the trip doesn't have enough seats for everyone to have their own seat. So we decided that you are gonna share with Rachel".

 What? I thought. That totally messes up my plan. 

I let my thoughts soak in my head.

 "Oh, okay" I said, going against my thoughts. 

"I thought we were gonna all agree as a group". 

"We did" said Hannah.

 "Yeah, on the day that I had a doctors appointment" I replied.

 My friends all stared at me like they were gonna deny it, but they kept their mouths shut. 

"But I don't mind sharing a seat with Rachel" I said, pushing my thoughts way down. 

"Awww! You're the best, Leah!" shouted Rachel as she threw her arms around me. 

Then my English teacher shouted: 

"Time to get on the bus!". 

Immediately the huge blobs of students began to decrease as they head out the door. Hannah and Rachel got pushed ahead while me and Tessa hung out in the back. 

"Are you sure you want to sit with Rachel?" asked Tessa. 

"Because if you want, I can sit with her instead". 

NO! I thought. I don't want to look like a coward in front of ALL of the English classes.

"Thanks for the offer, but I can handle it" I said.

 "Okay" said Tessa with a nervous look. 

The End

Thank you for reading and I hoped you've enjoyed my story :)

-MarvelousM

© 2023 MarvelousM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Author

MarvelousM
MarvelousM

Kingston, Ontario, Canada



About
Hello, welcome to my profile! I'm a SHS graduate who likes to write fiction, science fiction, fanfiction and romance stories. In my spare time, I like to read, write, draw and take photos. I hope you .. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Story by MarvelousM