Abandoned Eggs

Abandoned Eggs

A Story by MarvelousM
"

One afternoon, Artimo visits his unusual friend Vanessa's house (a girl who has yellow-hazelish eyes) and is immediately greeted by her and she shares that she found something peculiar in her backyard

"

"Artimo! It's time to go to Vanessa's house!". 

I looked up from my laptop and stared at my digital clock on my black nightstand. 

1:30 pm.

 Frick, I have to go to HER house. 

Sighing loudly, I got up from my wrinkled bed comforter and lazily grabbed my green shark bag, before stepping into the hallway and practically falling down the staircase. It's not that I hate Vanessa or anything, she doesn't seem human, to me and my friends. Her left leg is thicker than her right. Vanessa says she was born with it; born with a birth defect. 

Her nails are long, but that's not the strangest thing about her; it's her eyes. Vanessa's iris is yellowish-hazel color, with her pupil in the middle shaped like a knife cut. Not only that, but for some reason, her sclera is an orangish color. Every time I look into her eyes, I feel like I'm staring into the eyes of a monster, who wants to eat me. 

I slipped into the bright-red van, dropped my bag on the very nice car floor and clicked my seatbelt in. Leo pulled out of our driveway and drove down Hillberry road. After a bit, Leo looked through the mirror and noticed my fake smile. 

"What does Vanessa have planned this time?". 

"A nature walk," I replied, staring out the window. 

"A nature walk, that sounds boring".

"Yeah. We always do something boring and unrelieved like that. What's the point of doing it anyway?". 

Leo pulled into Vanessa's driveway. 

"Welp, see you in a bit! Who knows, maybe you might see something today", 

Forests are weird. 

Maybe. 

I grabbed my bag and hopped out of the van, saying goodbye to Leo before sliding the door shut. Vanessa dashed to my left side and started to pull my hand.

 "Thank goodness you're here Artimo! You won't believe what I found" she said, sounding out of breath and excited. 

Vanessa tugged on my arm and fell to the ground. I was too strong. 

"Whoops. Sorry".

 She got up and took me into the deep, dark forest. Finally, we got to this small area beside a lake. In front of us, was a big hole in the ground with straw sticking out all around it. Inside, laid a clutch of white eggs?

 Why are eggs here? 

I bent down to take a closer look. Closer up, they looked like ostrich eggs, but they were longer than wider.

 "These eggs look big, what could have laid them?" I said. 

"Who knows, maybe a dinosaur!" Vanessa shouted. 

These eggs look similar to the ones on the dinosaur website I was looking at, could they really be...

The End 

I hoped you enjoyed my story! :)

© 2023 MarvelousM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on November 6, 2023
Last Updated on November 6, 2023
Tags: teen, teen fiction, young, young reader, mystery, science, science fiction, scifi, friendship, general, general fiction, short, short story, exciting, entertaining, enjoyable, descriptive, friends

Author

MarvelousM
MarvelousM

Kingston, Ontario, Canada



About
Hello, welcome to my profile! I'm a SHS graduate who likes to write fiction, science fiction, fanfiction and romance stories. In my spare time, I like to read, write, draw and take photos. I hope you .. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Story by MarvelousM