About him #2

About him #2

A Story by Michelle Wallace

I sat in the back seat, my fingers gliding through his hair. He was laid down on the passenger seat, eyes closed, moaning if I pulled his hair a little harder than necessary. After a few minutes he sat up, leaning against the car door, not looking at me.

“Get in the front seat,” he said. I did as he said, scooting my body back to my chair on the driver’s side. I leaned against the door glancing at his face. He looked up at me, holding my gaze. I was the first to be eye contact. I felt like he could read me�"see everything that I was. And it scared me. I fidgeted with the zipper on my leather jacket, pressing the metal between my fingertips. I still didn’t look at him, but I could feel his eyes on me. he ran his hand over his mouth and sighed.

“Come here,” he said. I moved closer hesitantly until I was leaning on the compartment between the seats.my heart was slamming against my chest, making it hard to breathe. As his face moved closer to mine, something in his eyes changed. Instead of confused and sad, they seemed brighter, almost intrigued as to what would happen next.

“Don’t freak out, okay?” His hand moved to my face, and he slowly pulled me forward. His fingers were icy. My breath caught in my mouth as those last inches of air that separated us vanished. And he kissed me.

His lips, warm and soft, pressed against mine once for one long lingering moment. I could breathe again. I kissed him back immediately. My eagerness subdued by his cold fingers on my neck. He kissed me again and then pulled away slightly.

“Can I ask you something?” he whispered, his forehead against mine.

“Yeah,” I breathed. I'm surprised he heard me.

“Are my hands cold?” he smiled. A quiet laugh escaped my chest and I nodded.

“Actually yeah. They’re freezing,” I smiled, not even caring.

He pulled me forward, kissing me again. This time was a little less hesitant, and more urgent. His mouth moved with mine easily. Lips trailing fire and ice. Teeth caught my lower lip  and gently pulled. My hand found his neck, trying to get him closer to me as we kissed. My fingers felt the stubble on his jaw. The moment was simple, but oh so complicated. We pulled away at the same time. My heart was still pounding and I still felt where his lips had been.

“I’m sorry,” he said when we were a safe distance from each other.

“It’s okay,” I immediately replied, unsure what it was he was apologizing for.

“No, I’m sorry for being a prick to you,” he corrected.

I paused, nodded. “It’s okay,” I repeated.

“I should go.”

My mind was spinning, I couldn’t think straight. “Okay. Give me a hug.” We both got out of the car and met at the front. I threw my arms around his shoulders and he squeezed me tightly to him, burying his face into my neck. “Don’t do anything stupid, okay?”

“Make me.” He pulled away and started walking back to his house.

I got into my car, unsure of what had just happened. It took me a minute to figure out how to start the car and driving seemed like an entirely different story. When I was finally on the road, my hands were shaking. My lips still tingling from his kiss. I didn’t realize I had started crying until I was halfway home. Before that moment, I had thought I would never kiss him again. He proved me wrong, I guess. I was scared. Scared of hurting him, of getting hurt again myself. 

© 2013 Michelle Wallace


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on December 25, 2013
Last Updated on December 25, 2013

Author

Michelle Wallace
Michelle Wallace

GA



About
My first book was published in 2012. Things are going a bit slow on the marketing front. I'm a crazy cat lady and I write what I feel. Tumblr: http://thedrunkandbeautiful.tumblr.com/ instagra.. more..

Writing