Bye-Bye, Dad

Bye-Bye, Dad

A Chapter by Midge Mile
"

Rose is forced to leave by her step dad. She's alone and on the streets when she meets a mysterious boy near the outskirts of her town.

"

"Leave," my step father said.  "You're not wanted here, Rose."

 

I stared at him blankly.  I was standing in the doorway of our apartment after breaking up with my boyfriend, Jared.  "You're kicking me out?"  I asked, still not comprehending.

 

"Yes," he said.  "I never wanted you, but your mom did so I went along with it.  Now that she's gone, I no longer feel the need to keep you.  You have an hour to gather your stuff and get out."

 

I walked down a short hallway to my bedroom.  I loved my room; my mom had done it before she died.  The walls were a light teal color with bright green and orange circles all over.  There was a wooden dresser in one corner and a bed in the other.  The bed spread was the same pattern as the wall only the background was green and the dots were orange and teal.

 

Reaching under the bed for a back pack, I started shoving the contents of my dresser into it.  When the bag was full, I found a suit case and continued stuffing my clothes into it.  I found my phone and charger and threw those in too.

 

When I was done, I slung the back pack over my shoulder and picked up the suit case.  I took a final glance around the room; I was going to miss it.  It was the last thing my mom had designed.  She was an interior designer before the accident that left her paralized.

 

I walked back down the hall pausing to look at each room I passed.  There  was the library, the office, and finally, my mom's room. 

 

I paused longer at her door to momorze the way the lilac walls and light pink floral bead spread worked together.  I absorbed the bright splashes of random color where the quilt had worn through and been patched.  Tears started flowing freely down my cheeks as I remebered Mom. 

 

I found my dad in the living room sipping coffee and reading the news paper as I recovered from seeing my mom's room for the last time.  "I'm leaving now," I said.

 

He glanced up at me before replying.  "Good.  Don't ever come back."

 

This made me mad, and I had to restrain myself from attacking him.  To help that, I finished my walk down the hall and left the apartment. 

 

The elevator ride down to the ground floor and the walk to the street seemed to take forever.  My feet automatically took me to my favorite places.  I vagely heard someone call my name from behind, but was in too much of a daze to respond.  I wandered further and further from the "safe" and "good"  part of town. 

 

Suddenly, I snapped back to my senses.  I paused under a street lamp.

 

"Hello, Rose," a voice said behind me.

 

"Who are you?"  I asked, stupidly backing towards the wall behind me and dropping my suite case.  "Where are you?"

 

A guy, about six foot five, stepped out of the shadows.  He was wearing a green button down shirt and kahki shorts even though it was only 32 degrees out.  I wrote this off to him being a stupid boy.  His hair was like spun gold and flopped into his eyes which were very light brown.  He wasn't scrawny, but he wasn't exactly burley.  He was pale.  It was like he had just seen something that frightened him.  He stared at me with unsetteling intensity. 

 

"That," he said, "is for me to know and you to find out."

 

He picked up my suite case and slung me across his back like I was a light backpack.



© 2009 Midge Mile


Author's Note

Midge Mile
Ignore spelling errors. I'm really bad at spelling.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, ignoring spelling 'cause you asked! ^^ Ooooooo, it's mysterious. Hehehehehehehehehe. I think Rose's dad has a screw loose, but I thought that the first time too. Also, if I was Rose, I would kick her dad where it hurts! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, we'll see where the mysterious boy will take her. I can't wait to see what happens!!!!!! =D Even though I know the basics. ^^

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 16, 2009
Last Updated on July 23, 2009
Previous Versions


Author

Midge Mile
Midge Mile

Merpville (My mind)



About
I am totally random. My brother calls me Midge so thats where that comes from. Favorites: Books: The Song of the Loiness series by Tamora Pierce (It still varries though.) Manga: Fruits Basket .. more..

Writing