The Importance of an Artist

The Importance of an Artist

A Story by southernguy

Often times we walk through life with no thought of what is really going on around us. We see children playing, lovers holding hands, students with their backpacks, men talking on their cell phones, women pushing a stroller, and many other scenes that seem like everyday occurrences. But what if we could see the bigger picture? What if we could see into the lives of the people that we come into contact with each and every day? Or maybe not every person but just some of them.

 

The reality is that every person has a story. A story that to some extent gives reason to the things that we see only in passing. That story is what an artist tries to capture. An artist has a way of opening the window and allowing at least a portion of the story to be set free. The artist may not give us the big picture but it is at least a part that we often miss just in passing. The artist helps us to see with honest eyes beyond the everyday occurrence into the little moment that just might be the defining moment of a life. 

 

As an artist do not ever think that your work is not important. The artist gives understanding because those who look at, read, listen, or touch their art grasp another piece of the story. And that piece of the story may be what helps write the next scene in our own story.


© 2008 southernguy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good insight and wise advice. There's so much division these days, so as you suggest, if we only knew more about people, what their lives were like, how they felt about things and why, we might just call them friend instead of "that person over there". The artist often gives us the revealing look we wouldn't otherwise have seen.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 26, 2008