Hemorrhoids Treatment And Prevention Tips During Pregnancy

Hemorrhoids Treatment And Prevention Tips During Pregnancy

A Story by Mike Joe
"

All about the best hemorrhoids treatment during pregnancy.

"

When you have a new baby who's about to come to your life, it could be a bliss which can never be compared. But pregnancy also involves irritating things which you wouldn't like happening to your body (or "side-effects", if you may call it): stretch marks, bloating, skin itching, constipation, vaginal discharge, you name it. Perhaps the worst that can happen to you during the course of this period are hemorrhoids (or "piles"), which can be extremely painful and uncomfortable, but there are certain hemorrhoids treatment and prevention steps during pregnancy (check out ).


The truth is that pregnancy is in fact a period in a woman's life in which she is more susceptible of having piles (as well as varicose veins in the vulva and the legs ). This is because the developing uterus is putting in pressure on the inferior vena cava and on the pelvic veins, among other reasons. With this, the blood flow from the lower part of the body is being reduced.


Apart from this, the boost in the hormone progesterone is another culprit. This condition causes the walls of your veins to go into a relaxed state. This would allow them to grow larger more with ease, causing piles.





How can you refrain from getting hemorrhoids? This is probably one of your greatest questions as you endure pregnancy. Even though hemorrhoids is almost always inevitable at this point in your life, there are some tips that you can follow to prevent them.



Constipation (or irregular bowel movements and regarded as a general cause of painful expulsion of feces) is one of the many causes of obtaining hemorrhoids during pregnancy. So, obviously your aim here is to avoid getting constipated, thus you must eat foods that have high levels of fiber like vegetables, beans and grains. Integrating this with a lot of water intake and daily exercise can help you go a long way in reducing the chances of getting piles.


You should also make it a point that you never strain when moving your bowels. Avoid staying too long in the toilet to avoid pressure on the area. Walk around more often and don't take way too much time sitting or standing for long periods of time (this is specifically suitable when you're at work).


How do you cure and get rid of hemorrhoids? Now, if you already acquired the hemorrhoids, this could be the question that you are desperately trying to get an answer to! As effective hemorrhoids treatment during pregnancy, follow these tips: (1) administer an icepack to the affected part daily, as this lessens the pain and swelling; (2) clean the affected part with white toilet tissue well after every bowel movement; (3) go to your doctor for prescription of a topical anesthetic to overcome the pain.

© 2013 Mike Joe


Author's Note

Mike Joe
includes medical terms and picture

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

459 Views
Added on March 4, 2013
Last Updated on March 4, 2013
Tags: Hemorrhoids treatment, Get rid of Hemorrhoids, Hemorrhoids during pregnancy, Natural Hemorrhoids relief, how to

Author

Mike Joe
Mike Joe

Davao, Region 11, Philippines



About
I write just about anything under the sun.:) more..

Writing