Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Mikayla Reed

Sandra's eyes opened in shock. She swallowed deeply as she looked at the teenagers standing before her. 
"How did you know? What do you know?" she eyed them suspiciously. 
Cedric cleared his throat. "I overheard you and your husband talking the other day. We don't know anything but we want to know everything."
Sandra sighed as she gestured them to take a seat on the leather couch.
Cedric and Felicity eyed each other, then gradually sat down onto the couch.
Sandra cleared her throat. "This is going to take a while so I expect no interruptions. None. Understood?" 
She looked hard at Felicity who sank in her chair. "Understood mom.."
"Yes Mrs.Jones, understood." Cedric piped up, anxious to get the answers he longed for.
"Alrighty," Sandra takes a deep breath, "Before I had you Felicity, my department at work in genetics were experimenting with possibilities of the future. We found that cloning was possible, though illegal, and wanted to discover more. We wanted to push what we could do to the limit and then some. 
When me and Cedric's mom, Hannah, both got pregnant at the same time, they removed the two fertilized eggs and put them in a baby incubator.
From there we inserted genes from different animals of qualities we wanted you two to have. Speed from a Cheetah, strength from a gorilla, intelligence from the dolphin, and the adaption factor from the chameleon.
After that, the eggs were constantly video recorded in the incubator, and they, you guys, developed over two times faster than a typical pregnancy. You were ready to enter the world after four months."
She took a break to get some water for herself and her company, both sitting in silence, longing for more.
"We took you both out of the incubators on January 1st, as you both well know. We began to monitor your lives, as first pushing you hard until you could make your own decisions and could push yourselves.
Felicity, your father didn't approve of your lives being controlled. It's why he left us. He didn't want the best for you like I did. Like I do.
My next assignment for the next eighteen years was to monitor the two of you. At first I didn't see anything unusual from your behaviors. But then you hit ten years old and you both began expressing the same capabilities. Those you both know well and I don't need to get into.
When the department saw how well you two were doing, they started planning the next step. Replication and diminishing. We looked into ways to replicate the two of you and decrease the world's population. The only solution we found was to set off nuclear bombs around the world, killing the worldly population, the good, yes, but all of the bad as well. 
With the two of you hiding in a well protected, break proof bunker cave, you two will be the start of the next generation of people. 
With your biology, there would never be wars or harm committed to other people ever again.
Look at it this way, we are inducing the next flood, and you my darlings, are the only ones allowed onto the ark."
Felicity refused to look in Cedric's direction. "What about the animals?"
Sandra laughed, "Oh we have had those taken care of years ago. We are working with every zoo around the world. When we tell them the hour before detonation, the zoos will lower deep into the ground and a door will trap the animals on the inside with plenty of food and air. But we made sure to install cameras to make sure none of the workers sneak their way inside."
After attempting to take deep breaths, Felicity couldn't contain her anger, "You want to commit suicide and take down the entire world too? You can't do that! You can't take my mother away from me! Why would you ever do that to me? Why did you make me like this? And who were those men watching us? And what-"
Sandra cut Felicity off, "What men?"
Cedric looked up from his folded hands, "On our way to school today, two men in suits were staring at us, one seemed to be of ice, the other fire."
Felicity's mom dropped her jaw, shaking her head in disbelief. "Those men are against the E.L.F. project-Enhance Life Fully- which is what you two are. If they get to you, they will not hesitate to kill you."
She started pacing around the room, around and around, making all those who saw dizzy. "You two will remain home until they go away."
Cedric spoke up, "You didn't answer Felicity's other questions. Why are you willing to die for this, this madness?"
She smiled softly, "Honey, I will die for what I believe in, for what I know is right for the world. You two will do best to learn to do the same."
Sandra walked across the floor, heading to the basement stairs. "Now it is time for you to go home Cedric, Felicity go to bed. I'm sure you will have more questions in the morning."
And with that, she disappeared behind the now shut door to the den, the silence she left behind was suffocating. As Cedric slowly rose to his feet, he looked towards Felicity, still sitting like a statue. He opened his mouth as though to say some encouraging words, but changed his mind when he caught sight of her blank, empty stare. He foot crossed the threshold of her front door, leaving her house and leaving the life he used to know.
After Cedric left, Felicity burst into never ending tears. She cried for the family that she was doomed to lose, she wept at the evilness eating away at the world, and she teared for the little girl she used to be and could never be again.
It seemed like a dream, having her world thrown upside down, it seemed to horrific to be a part of her wonderful life. How does a person handle news like that? She wandered up to her room, curling up in a ball on her perfectly made bed. She glanced out her window, watching Cedric's shadows moving slowly against the curtains in his room. She saw his light turned off as the silent tears streamed down her face. Felicity remembered last minute to set her alarm, and slowly drifted off to sleep as her thoughts and worries took a hold of her consciousness.


© 2016 Mikayla Reed


Author's Note

Mikayla Reed
Please comment your thoughts and what you like/dislike

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. Very intresting

Posted 7 Years Ago


Very interesting great chapter ^-^

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 27, 2016
Last Updated on July 27, 2016


Author

Mikayla Reed
Mikayla Reed

UT



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mikayla Reed


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Mikayla Reed


Chapter4 Chapter4

A Chapter by Mikayla Reed