Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by mischief managed

“Mom? Can we talk?” I walked over to the island, in the kitchen. My mom, Kathy, was on the phone talking to her clients..as usual. I've gotten used to it by now. She works for a law firm - always getting selected for the important cases. I remember the time when she had a case against a gang member �" when the judge sentenced him to 7 years in prison, he shouted that he was going to comeback and kill her. Y'know, that's definitely not the smartest thing to say in a courtroom. 

“Honey, one second. I'll be right with you.”

“Okay,” I muttered, and just sat there, looking at the Teen Vogue magazine, laying there. They had some really, really nice looking accessories in there �" they perfectly matched my vintage outfits.

“I'm home!” I heard a melodious voice, shout from the front door.

I glanced over at my mother, who was still on the phone, completely oblivious to the visitor. Instead of bugging her about it, I just got up and walked over to where the sounds came from. 

I looked at the person standing in front of me in awe �" before I knew it, she ran over to me and gave me a bear hug. 

“I missed you too, Courtney,” I choked out, hugging her back. God, she had a death grip. 

My sister, Courtney, is three years older than me �" making her twenty years old. She goes to UPenn, for college in order to get her PhD, 'cause she wants to be a doctor. Well, at least my parents say that she wants to.

“Babydoll, it's been 7 months since I last saw you! God, you..haven't grown,” She laughed, taking her converse off.

“You're so funny,” I stuck my tongue out at her �" to which she responded by doing the same. We both started laughing, and I led her to the kitchen to where my mother was finally off of the phone.

“Oh honey, you're back home!” She walked around the island, and gave my sister an affectionate hug. Courtney squeezed her back, smiling.

“Mom. Mom. MOM!” Courtney yelled, pushing my mom away from her. 

“Oh dear, sorry. I missed you very much, that's all.”

They looked at each other, and I just stood there awkwardly. I guess they just have a better connection with each other? I mean, I know my mom loves me. I'd never let these little things get to me.

“Uhm, so Court, want to go upstairs?” I asked her �" I needed some girl time.

“Sure! Let's go to my room, I haven't been there in ages.”

“I know, let's do that.”

I opened the door to her room, squinting a bit, 'cause I hadn't seen the bright pink walls in a long time. We both ran over to her bed, and plopped down on her bed. This was like old times �" I can't imagine leaving now, with her being with me. I just can't leave my family, they mean way more to me, than I think Landon ever will. It does sound harsh, but they were there for me when no one else was. 

“What do you want to talk about?” She asked me, twirling her hair around her finger.

“Well how's college, and all that stuff?”

“College is college. It's a lot of hard work, but if you try, you'll be fine. It's also a lot of fun too, 'cause of all the different people you meet. It's definitely an experience that I'll always treasure,” She explained, looking up at the ceiling. I noticed that she was very blissful.

“Oh that's cool. It does seem like a lot of fun,” I said. In my mind, I was having my own personal debate on whether it would be the right decision for me to just leave this. I know I won't be at ease until I make a decision. 

“Grace, there's nothing really I have to share. Let's just talk about you?”

“Yeah sure, okay. Uhm, I do have some news but I'm not sure if you want to hear it,” I started fiddling with the stuffed animal she kept on her bed. Her name's Pookie; isn't that wonderful?

“You can tell me anything, no matter how bad it is. You know that already, babydoll,” I saw her turn her head to face me.

“Okay,” I steadily took in a deep breath, readying myself to let everything out. “Well, Carson White, my ex-boyfriend, wants me to runaway with him! He's also claiming that he loves me, even if we're just friends. He said he knows I dislike this s****y town �" so, this is basically my escape. He says we both can finally be free. I'm so confused, I just don't know what to do! I mean, do I stay? Or do I go? What do I do? Help me. Please?” I blabbed out, catching my breath. Boy, that was a mouthful �" I wonder how Carson felt? “Oh, and I have to give him an answer by Wednesday.”

“Oh..wow. We-”

“Girls, dinner's ready! Come down, now. You can chat, later!” We heard mom shout, from downstairs. Dinner smells so good �" she made Fettuccine with Alfredo sauce. It's delicious.

“'Kay, mom!” We both hollered, simultaneously.

“We're discussing this after dinner, okay?” She looked me straight in the eyes, with a stern expression.

I just nodded, hoping she of all people.

With that, we both walked downstairs to the kitchen, in nothing but silence.


© 2010 mischief managed


Author's Note

mischief managed
Please leave a review. (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on October 4, 2010
Last Updated on October 4, 2010


Author

mischief managed
mischief managed

About
I'm Jacklyn, and Harry Potter is my life. Oh, please call me Jack, though. I'm fifteen years old. I am so in love with Tom Felton, it's crazy. I still believe Hogwarts is real. They're just a few year.. more..

Writing