meant to be a song... but, ok. Title: Remember?

meant to be a song... but, ok. Title: Remember?

A Poem by Misfit By Choice
"

just a song-ish thing i wrote... idk

"
Do you remember my name... how i remember you're gone... as i sit here- wonderin' why, you had to move on...
Do you feel it inside... are you wonderin' why... why i feel the same way too?
why i used to think that i needed you...

well i do...

Wake me up in the morning, with assurance you're there, with the birds singin' around us, and the sun in your hair...
And we'll go for a walk down, by the river so deep, and i'll tell you how much, how, much you mean to me... but in a second you're gone... and i feel so alone... and i am wonder-ing.

If you remember my name... how i remember you're gone... as i sit here and wonder why, you had to move on...
Do you feel it inside... are you wonderin' why... why i feel the same way too...
Why i used to feel the same way too...
Why i used to think that i needed you...

its not true...

And i hoped that one day, you would come back and say, that you were thinking about- me too.
Yeah we had our problems but they, faded away, cuz they can't compare to what i felt that day... But i know that you're gone, and i will try to move on... and forget what had happened with you...

Because...

You won't remember my name... and I'll forget that you're gone
but this song'll tell ya i'm moving on...
and you'll feel it inside, but I, won't wonder why... cuz i used to feel the same way too...
but now i know that i'll never need you...

So don't remember my name, and just keep moving on... and you'll have to admit you were wrong...
that you shouldn't be my, my reason to cry... cuz now i can find someone new... but they could never replace one of you...

© 2010 Misfit By Choice


Author's Note

Misfit By Choice
idk about a friend who moved away a while ago... who hasn't really kept in touch, and its been kinda hard... <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a sincere write here. I can feel the emotion enter twine.

Posted 13 Years Ago


yeah, TT, i agree with you... i'm not the best with music lol... :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


I definitely feel this! Though it's not, I think, to be read/sang at a slow pace, it's very good! Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I could hear a melody as I read this. I think that you were to actually set about putting it to music, you would have a very nice song here. Good work.

~True

Posted 14 Years Ago


I enjoyed reading this, it has a nice sense of flow and melody to it, so you wrote well thinking of a song. :) music is one of the best ways to share an emotion, thanks for sharing some of your feelings through this poem/song :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Lovely, lovely, lovely song.
You can really feel the emotion in it. I can almost imagine somebody on a stage, strumming a guitar, lonely and quiet, while the tears roll down my face and into my double whip strawberry frappachino with sprinkles.
A waste of money, yes, but certainly not my time.

Gorgeous work, my dear, and I simply can't wait to hear more from you. Keep up the good work!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
6 Reviews
Added on May 13, 2010
Last Updated on May 13, 2010