Why can't you see me?

Why can't you see me?

A Poem by Scarlett Dale

I see you so close yet so far; I hear you so loud yet so faint.
You smile and the sun seems to shine brighter, It warms my heart but you don't see it.
How can I make you see? See that I'm the one you need?
Your laugh fills my ears and raises me up, I want to run to you but your eyes don't see me.
Can't you hear my tears? They slide down my cheeks as I lay down, so alone.
No one knows the pain I feel, no one knows what I've been through.
The pain stabs like a knife and all I think about is you, why can't I be the one? Can't you see?

I stand in the rain and let it mingle with my tears, know one knows I cry for you.
Can't you see I long for you? Why do you let me pass on by without saying a single word?
Why do you hide emotions inside, don't you feel it too? My tears, they slide, it's all lost inside.
The pain it makes me scream your name but you can't hear me, you don't.
You act so calm, it's nothing to you.
The pain.
The tears.
I love you, but you don't know.

© 2010 Scarlett Dale


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have felt this way for the last two years... such pain I know only too well. And you expressed it so perfectly from the depths of the soul.




Posted 14 Years Ago


A sad yet very well written poem. I have felt the same way about someone I love. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2009
Last Updated on June 4, 2010

Author

Scarlett Dale
Scarlett Dale

About
I'm what you call a strange person. I love to write and when I do I feel as if it's coming straight from my heart onto the paper. Especially with my poetry. I was never one for poetry (writing it anyw.. more..

Writing
Ashes Ashes

A Poem by Scarlett Dale



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..