Behind the Mask

Behind the Mask

A Poem by Scarlett Dale
"

A poem I wrote while thinking on a few things. I don't know if it makes sense to anyone but me.. but maybe.

"

You don’t know me like you used to. But somehow I know you better than before. We used to be close with one another until we went our separate ways. I changed, like all things do; but you " You stayed the same, only showing me what you hid behind your mask. That beautiful mask. Why do you pretend? Why do you hide your true self and deceive others? Maybe the reason lays in the fact that you cannot see yourself for what you really are.  You can’t see the monster that you have become and still are. Tell me, why. Why do you hide. Among the darkness and lies; you hide in your blackness but only see the false shining clothes that you want to see. Tell me why.

© 2010 Scarlett Dale


Author's Note

Scarlett Dale
Tell me what you think, please! I like to hear from you all :) You keep me writing, and inspired.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on April 7, 2010
Last Updated on April 7, 2010

Author

Scarlett Dale
Scarlett Dale

About
I'm what you call a strange person. I love to write and when I do I feel as if it's coming straight from my heart onto the paper. Especially with my poetry. I was never one for poetry (writing it anyw.. more..

Writing
Ashes Ashes

A Poem by Scarlett Dale